Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys! 4th year DO student here applying Peds. I took Level 2 last year, passed, but scored below average. I initially didn’t plan on taking Step 2, but I started considering it as a way to potentially strengthen my application.
Last Fall, shortly after starting fourth year, I had to go medical leave and haven’t done any academic work since then. Starting to get myself back together and am now debating whether sitting for Step 2 makes sense. Took an NBME last week just to see if I remember anything and got a 50%.
I start rotations next month and will also be doing some away rotations throughout the fall. Ideally, I would take Step 2 sometime in August so I would have results back before ERAS submission, but I’m unsure if that timeline is realistic. I have rotations scheduled in both July and August, and my main concern is not knowing whether I'll be able to have quality study time while on rotations.
Given the 50% on the NBME, it feels like August might be a bit tight. If I decide to take it later and receive my score after submitting ERAS, would that still be beneficial? Would it make sense to submit a Step score late if my Level 2 score isn't particularly strong and could potentially result in my application being filtered out before programs see the Step score?
Thoughts? Advice? Tips? TIA! 🙂
Last Fall, shortly after starting fourth year, I had to go medical leave and haven’t done any academic work since then. Starting to get myself back together and am now debating whether sitting for Step 2 makes sense. Took an NBME last week just to see if I remember anything and got a 50%.
I start rotations next month and will also be doing some away rotations throughout the fall. Ideally, I would take Step 2 sometime in August so I would have results back before ERAS submission, but I’m unsure if that timeline is realistic. I have rotations scheduled in both July and August, and my main concern is not knowing whether I'll be able to have quality study time while on rotations.
Given the 50% on the NBME, it feels like August might be a bit tight. If I decide to take it later and receive my score after submitting ERAS, would that still be beneficial? Would it make sense to submit a Step score late if my Level 2 score isn't particularly strong and could potentially result in my application being filtered out before programs see the Step score?
Thoughts? Advice? Tips? TIA! 🙂