Comp 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any word from COMP yet? Those letters have to be on the way...I am slowly going crazy.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by SoCal
Any word from COMP yet? Those letters have to be on the way...I am slowly going crazy.

Ditto.

No word yet...its almost been 2 weeks for me, I've already gone crazy! Funny story...Friday checked the mail in anticipation of word from COMP, and got an envelope from the school. A VERY thin envelope. I was devastated...but, opened it up and turned out to be a thank-you for the thank-you I sent to one of my interviewers! So, for those who are wondering if they should send thank-yous, I would definitely encourage it, not only do they read them, but genuinely appreciate them.

Goodluck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have interviews: how long after you sent your secondaries did you recieve your interview?

I dont remeber exactly, but I think it was about 1 month. I had my accomas in by may 28, and interviewed at comp of sept. 24. hope that helps a little

I got an interview invite 2 wks after I sent in my secondary in August.

Hey folks,
CAC Wow.. you had me scared for a second when I saw the words "thin envelope". Have faith.. wait for that certified letter saying you got in! (the acceptance letter wasn't much thicker last year.. nothing like the big college acceptance packets we got)

Good looking out on the thank-you cards. Now that I think about it, I did not send any thank-you cards to my interviewers although I did send one to docs/profs who wrote recommendations for me (esp. the DO letter of rec)

Awdc- hey.. yeah, I found out about SDN during my interview somehow. I think I saw some student DO publication lying around and decided to browse through it.. then saw an ad for SDN. After my interview, I logged on and found the COMP threads... the rest is history. The class above us was really helpful and supportive in answering our questions whether or not we ended up going to COMP.

I actually ended up seeing a couple of SDN'ers multiple times before our year started. Yosh and Tighe came down to look for apartments so they helped me move in and stayed at my place for a few nights. We all went to Dave and Busters at the Block in Orange and met up with about 8 other SDN'ers. Those were some fun times. I've tried to meet the SDN folks in the MS-I class and it's been going well so far although I don't believe they hang out as much as some of us do. Just hoping to continue the support that COMP students have given in the past to interested people...

still no news...I think the mailman is sabotaging me

Hi everyone,

Have faith, the letter will come... I was in your shoes not so long ago. I know how frustrating it gets. But do try to focus on your daily activities right now. It might help :)

I met some SDNers in my class, although we don't hang out that much. Maybe because everyone wasn't so active on the thread in our class (including me). I didn't find out about it 'til <i>after</i> my interview. Anyway, I did meet <b>melancholy</b> and <b>outgolfing</b> after class started and we do hang out often :) So yes, I encourage you all to make friends on SDN (oh yes, I found a roommate this way too!).

In the meantime, bon courage and keep the faith!

On a lighter note...NX811 - How is that bar on campus...I think it was called Robbies. Does anyone hang out there?

<b>SoCal</b>- From what I understand, Robbies is a gay bar. So I haven't been there, and I don't think any of my classmates have either. Mostly, we hang out in and around the Village in Claremont. Or they'd go to clubs in LA, beaches.. when we have time :) I suspect we'll get to do more social stuff when 2nd semester rolls around, and maybe more when we're in our 2nd year. Right now, it's kind of tight and I always find myself spending most of my weekend at school cramming.

You'll find places to hang out soon enough :) Oh yes, and ppl always have parties on Monday nights too--after exams...

Thanks for the info...I knew it was too good to be true to have a bar on campus. I heard a few students talking about those parties on tues. morning when I was there for the interview.

Hi all,
Still no letter...and its been 2 weeks today! I swear, my mailman and my friends think I am nuts. Today is the day...lets hope....
Thanks again NX811 and melancholy-you guys are a great source of positivity, we can never have enough of that.
Hopefully the next time I post will be with some good news...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey.. well, if the adcom meets every Wednesday, then you figure they get the letters sent out Wed or Thurs.. so you will be getting your letter Thurs/Fri/Sat probably depending on how fast they get it sent out. That's just a rough estimate though. At any rate, don't forget to hug random people when you pick up your nice certified envelope at the post office. =)

As far as Robbie's goes, I have only stepped inside for a minute or two although I've had a few friends courageous enough to wander upstairs on a Saturday night. It's pretty spacious though and even though I didn't go to the Halloween party last year (we rent out Robbie's for Halloween for Western U party), I heard it was a blast! There is at least one other bar right on campus behind a building and other local ones that are easily within walking distance.. so there isn't any lack of alcohol after an exam...

I hope everyone on this thread gets to experience what I just experienced: mailman yells over my fence that I need to sign something, my boyfriend beats me to the gate and runs back to the house with my big fat ACCEPTANCE LETTER!!!!!!! I think I'm going to puke.....

Gilleon,

Congratulations! This is a wonderful accomplishment, so it definitely calls for major celebration!

Good luck!
p.s. I hope that I will get a chance to experience the same feeling next week :)

Gilleon- Cheers and Congrats! Might not hurt to do a little celebrating tonight even though it's only the middle of the week. Keep your fingers crossed for everyone else..

Congratulations Gilleon!!! :) I'm still hoping and praying as hard as ever that I'll have the same good news to share later this week... maybe even tomorrow!

Congratulations Gilleon...I hope to be sharing some new...hopefully the same, by tomm. I hope...thought it would be here today, but oh well. Have a beer for me.

I've been trying to reply for the last few hours but kept getting error messages. ANYWAY....thanks for all the kind words. I absolutely do have my fingers and toes crossed for everyone still waiting. I can't wait to meet all of you (CAC again!!) next August.

Can't celebrate yet - I'm at work. But this weekend......:D

Gilleon! Yay! Congratulations!
I'm so excited for you, and hoping I get word by today...have you been in touch with others we interviewed with?
Anyway, congratulations again, celebrate yourself-you definitely deserve it!

Thanks again. Just so you know, my letter was dated 9/26 and I received it 10/1 AND I live very close to Pomona. I'm guessing that certified mail in addition to regular office delays have a big effect on when you receive the letter.

CAC, no I haven't heard from the others but I remember them saying they'd never heard of SDN. I hope they all get in and accept - they were very cool people.

I'm off to find anything with Western COMP embroidered on it!!

My letter finally came in today and it was definitely worth the wait!

I got in!!

That's wonderful!!! Congratulations!

Keep in touch - any idea when you'd move if you accept?

:) Congratulations CAC! :)

Congrats, CAC!

Good Luck!

Thanks everyone! Best of luck to all of you, I look forward to hearing all your good news soon!

Gilleon-if I do accept at COMP, I probably won't move to the area until late July...we should definitely keep in touch!...Are you definitely going to COMP?

Yippee to CAC! I knew you had it in ya!

As a pleasant sidenote, I was able to meet one of the interviewees (Oceanwhite) while they were being toured through our classroom today. Probably the first SDN'er I've met face-to-face this early in the process. Good luck and hope that letter comes in soon!

Hi melancholy,
It was nice to meet you today. Hopefully I can get a good news soon!

Class of 2007!!! Yeah! Just got the letter this morning. I am very excited to say the least. It is going to be a good day in San Diego...Look out! Congrats to everyone, can't wait to meet you all...to all those still waiting....good luck...my letter was marked to 4th, and I got it today...the 5th. From what I can guess, the ad.com. decides on your interviewing group the wed. after your interview... good luck again to all...time to what the Yanks. kick some a$$ and tip back a few.
Ken

Congratulations SoCal,

I interviewed 26th, so hopefully, I will be hearing some good news soon!

Good luck!

Yeah!!! That's great SoCal...can't wait to meet you next year.

So....eat, drink, be merry .... and cry when Anaheim wins!!;)

Congratulations SoCal !!:) :)

Well, it's been two weeks and two days for me and still no word. I wonder if they're still trying to decide on my fate.:confused:

For those of you who got acceptance letters, how was it mailed (i.e. first class, overnight, certified, etc.)?

Yeah SoCal.. nice! Go Class of 2007!

Awdc- I remember getting a certified letter.. which was why I ended up having to pick it up from the post office (because I wasn't around and they needed someone to sign it)...

Congratulations SoCal!!

CAC - I must have overlooked your last post...yes, I'm definitely going to Western and yes, we should keep in touch. I'm going to have to move away from the most beautiful city (Redondo) with an ocean view to .... duh, duh, duh Whittier :(

Meanwhile, I'm getting married and working like a madwoman 'til summer. Are you going to try to take ISAC?

Gilleon...you jinxed my Yankees!! Oh well, gotta let someone else taste victory every once in awhile.
Thanks everyone for the congrats!

Hi Gilleon,
I'm in the same situation as you! If I do attend COMP, I'll have to leave my beach front apt in HB for somewhere much closer to the college. Not sure where I'd live, as I don't know the area around COMP very well.

Any suggestions from current COMP MS?

Anyway, congratulations & goodluck with your wedding and all! I don't think I'll apply for the summer program if I attend COMP, I plan to take the summer off to travel before starting med school.
We'll have to keep eachother posted on things, for sure!

It's been exactly 2 weeks today since my interview and still no word. This is really nerve wrecking! :( Just wondering if there are other people out there who have been interviewed but have not heard anything yet.

Hang in there <b>Dr. PC</b>!!! It'll come. There are lots of others in your boat. I waited for more than 2 weeks I think for my letter...

Keep the faith, all!

I'm currently living in Upland. It's not too bad, although I want to move to Chino Hills (where <b>melancholy</b> lives) or Claremont, where most of my classmates live right now. I suggest that you visit the area and see what's there and what you want. Surrounding areas are Chino, Chino Hills, Claremont, Upland, San Dimas, Rowland Heights, Pomona (of course), Ontario. Some of my classmates even commute from Santa Ana, Pasadena, Whittier, etc. If you go against traffic on the 10, it's not too bad.

Check you all later. Anatomy is about to start...

Hi all,

I could not wait any longer and called the admissions office today. They said that there has been a decision made on my file, but they could not get my letter out because the Dean has been out of the office. She said that they will mail the letter to me next week. Does this sound like it's for real or that I am rejected and they don't want to tell me over the phone. I am so sad right now because it does not look like I will be receiving good news next week. :(

<b>Dr.PC</b>
That does not mean anything!!! The dean is still at the AOA convention in Vegas. I know because I was there on Monday. They're being honest in telling you that. Don't worry!! The convention lasts 'til the end of this week. Oh wait, that's today! Yeah, so you'll get your answer soon.
Cheer up. Things are not so certain yet...

Have a good day!

NX811,

Thanks so much for your support! I'm sure you know how it is to play this waiting game: you can't help but jump to conclusions. Thanks for telling me about the conference. I guess I can still enjoy my weekend!

have a great weekend!

Hey Dr. PC:

Cheer up :clap:
Don't worry about it!!! Enjoy your weekend. WesternU got this weird policy....they can NOT tell you the decision over the phone. I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!!! I remember I called admission regarding my status and they wouldn't tell me anything at all....just ask me to patiently wait for my letter!!! And like you, i got a little scared and sad.....but I did get in!!! And now, i'm MSI and enjoy it a lot!!! (well...i try to anyway, haha).
So, don't worry too much. well, try to anyway!!!

-Annie
(HI, Chau.....how are you :) ....yes, i'm back....................!!!)

Thanks aj1324,

I'll let you know when I hear anything.

Thanks for the living info NX811!

Dr. PC, I hope to be reading good news from you soon! Good luck!

Hey Everyone,

I GOT IN!!!! Thanks everyone for your support. The news came kinda late but it was sooooo worth it!! I can't even think right now, this is surreal!!

See you guys soon!

Pelin