Comp 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nice job, Dr. PC! Just got to meet another group of interviewees today while Dean Lenz stopped by to chat with them for a bit... feels exciting to hear about their experiences so far. Glad to hear that another SDN'er got in though.. congrats again!

Members don't see this ad.

:clap:

YA!!!
I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!!!

SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!

P.S. hope I can see you next year...it'll be great :)

Hi everyone,

I've been away for awhile but first...

congratulations DrPC!!

As for me, I was put on the alternate list. I guess my wait will have to be (much) longer. Thanks for all the tips and support y'all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats Dr. PC!

Thanks everyone! It's really nice to know that I'll be surrounded by such supportive people. I'll continue with celebrations this weekend.!! Awdc hang in there...I'm sure that you will receive that acceptance letter but it will take a little longer.

Good luck everyone! :)

See...? What did I tell ya!

<b>Congrats Dr. PC!!!</b>

Hope to see you here next year! It's great to see everyone so excited.

Sorry I haven't been on lately, because we're just bombarded w/ exams. Anatomy is Monday... argh... but surviving.

So go and celebrate Dr. PC!!
To the rest, keep the faith :)

Best wishes...

Way to go Dr. PC...I hope to be seeing you in Aug. Have a few beers on me...I sure did when I got my letter. Have fun and congrats.

melancholy:

I met Dean Lenz while on my tour on 10/17. Were you hanging out with the In-N-Out, (because after the Subway I was jealous of the guy with the In-N-Out bag)? Just curious.

tarantismnow- Uh oh.. my cover is blown. :scared: Was that just a very random guess? (I'm tickled by the way) As eager as I was to eat my hot In and Out #1 Combo w/ no onions and a Coke... I wanted to stop and see how Dean Lenz's "pitch" to interviewees went and it's kinda fun for me to hang out with interviewees even just for a few minutes. It's always enlightening to see how administration is presenting themselves to applicants/interviewees and I was curious about what sort of things he'd talk about. I remember how encouraging it was to get any sort of verbal/moral support from students on my interview day at COMP. Anyway, hope you'll be getting a nice certified letter soon. My next tour for interviewees is this Thursday.. fun fun fun! :clap:

In & Out without onions??? Ohhhh.....i like onions.

By the way, how you doing, melancholy?

AND YES!!!! Anatomy exam's over!!! soooo happy!!! no exam next week!

:D

<b>melancholy</b>- haha! your cover's blown...
That's what you get for being nosy =)
And you should start eating more healthy.

Anyone else with good news? Let us know so we'll be happy for you 'k?

Right now, we MSIs are catching a bit of air before starting to study for the next exam. No exam this Monday. woohoo!!!

Hello all,
I've been browsing the Osteopathic forums, specifically the COMP threads and have read numerous warnings from current MS about attending COMP. I know that med school is what you make of it, how hard you work, etc...but I can't help but feel a bit of anxiety about the college from what their students are saying. Seems they are unhappy with residency matches, as well as the teaching staff and resulting performances on exams. Which, to me, seems to be the core of medical school.

So, I want to ask all the current MS from COMP who have been so helpful on this thread to give us your HONEST opinion. The positives and negatives, regrets, or concerns. Anything you'd be willing to share would be very appreciated!

Thanks!

CAC,

I'm a current second year at COMP, and also an admissions ambassador at COMP. My goal, and the goal of many other ambassadors is to give our honest opinion of our experiences here at COMP. We are in no way part of the adcom committee, so we represent the students. The best advice I can give you is that when you do interview at COMP, ask the current students their HONEST opinion about the school. I already know how the vast majority of our class feels about COMP. If you or anyone else wants to know, ask more than one or two students just because you may run into one who really hates this school or you may run into one who is naive about this school and says it's the best school in the world, or you may run into me (and many others) who are realistic, honest, but not completely negative and pessimistic about this school. There have been a few here on SDN that have really expressed how they feel about COMP, and all I can say about those people is that they are the type who have difficulty in dealing with situations that are not pleasant to them. I have already heard many of the concerns coming from the 1st year class and that's normal. Not every school is perfect, but it is difficult for me to guage where COMP stands compared to other schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for asking CAC...I have been wondering the same. So...NEWAGEDO...what is your opinion? Your are only one person, but what do you have to say? Thanks in advance

CAC,

I have given my honest opinions in the past about COMP. (old screen name: aecuenca). I suppose I would be labeled a "defender" of COMP, but I will be the first to admit that not everything about COMP is perfect...but then again, what medical school is?

NewAgeDO is a great guy to talk with. Very realistic and honest about many things. I agree with him about tbeing wary of those people who are on the extreme ends of their feelings about COMP.

The one thing that I like the most about our school is the camaraderie that the last 3 classes have had. Now, this is not unique to our school, as I am sure that there are many other classes that follow the same trend.

If you like, you should try visiting the 3 websites set up by each of the classes:

http://www.do2004.com

http://www.do2005.net

http://www.do2006.net

I hope this helps.

Arnold Cuenca
MS-III
Western University/COMP

Oceanwhite- Congratulations!

When did you interview and when did you receive your letter?

Hi bro,
I had an interview on 10/3. I received my letter on 10/25. Hope this help!
Good Luck!

I think I posted about thoughts on COMP before. One of the speakers on rotations said once, "You never really hear from the hard-working, do-what-they-should-and-like-it students. You usually hear from the 'problem-children' who shows up late, .etc." I think the same applies to this situation. Use precautions when you listen to other ppl's comments. Pick and choose. Personally, I like it here. The ppl I met here are just awesome!! Although maybe we should get a cafeteria or a place that sells boba on campus... There's always room for improvement...

TTT.. any more activity/acceptances/wait listings for COMP?

I applied to 6 DO schools and received an interview to all of them. I chose to go only to 3 because it's so expensive. I got into all 3 schools and I am really excited about that. My choices are UHS, PCOM, and LECOM. As for tips, everyone told me to be myself and that's exactly what I did. Everything was so conversational. I did have some ask me about a "C" in biochem or something like that--I was really honest and that was it. Just be prepared to answer all sorts of questions like what are your biggest weaknesses or strengths; how do you deal with a difficult situation, etc. They can ask you anything. Hope that helps.

I interviewed at COMP on 10/1
Received acceptance 2 weeks after.
Will attend it in the fall.

interview @ comp 10/24
accepted last saturday!

Congratulations...I interviewed that day too...I sent you a PM

Congratulations guys!

Maybe we should start a list of everyone who is certain they will be attending COMP in the Fall. I'm not quite sure yet, but would love to know who my potential classmates could be.

And thanks to the MS who posted for sharing your experiences and thoughts.

Interviewed 10/29
Accepted 11/12

I applied three times and got in on the third. I hope that is an encouragement to those who do not get in this year. Everything happens for a reason and if you keep trying and keep improving your application, you will get in.

COMP was my first choice so i will definitely attend in the fall.
Good luck to those with interviews.

Brian

Congrats Brian!

Molybdenum-COMP gives you lists of residency matches at the interview.

Hello,
I will add myself to the list of those who will be attending COMP next year (COMP 2007). Congratulations to all. I understand all your anxiety in waiting for the mail. When I applied 2 years ago, I received a denial letter in the mail. I made a few changes and applied again this year. I interviewed on Sept 24th in the am. Almost two weeks had passed, and I hadn't heard anything. I went to soccer games on a Saturday. When I got back, there was a notice that they tried to deliver a certified letter, and that it would be available at the post office Monday after 9am. There was no way I was going to wait. I got in the car and searched for the mail truck in tears. After 30 minutes of driving up and down streets, I found it.

CAC, sounds like a good idea to get a list of those who will be attending next year. I would love to get to know my classmates before the stress begins.

Congratulations to all those who have received their registered letter, and good luck to all those who are waiting.

Hmmm, I didn't get it by certified mail. Anyone else get their letter by plain mail? Paranoia regins.

- Tae

What does bump mean? I keep seeing it on the postings.

Bump means putting the thread on the top of the list in this forum so that others would not miss it.

thanks!
Hey Tae, relax.

Kim -

Mine came by regular mail also. Don't sweat it.

bro

What time of day is best for an interview at COMP, morning or afternoon? Just worried...
How much is a deposit? I saw that someone couldn't afford it (at a different school).
I'd beg & borrow!! :D

Hey <b>Hall guy</b>,
I interviewed in the morning because I know if I have to wait 'til the afternoon, I'd be too nervous. But I know others that interviewed in the afternoon because of the same reason- anxiety. So I think it's up to you.
And if I remember right, the deposit is $2000, but it's in installment. One is due in May and the other one is due before school starts sometime.
Good luck on your interview. Come talk to us when you see us in the hallway. We won't bite :)

I was actually interviewed in the afternoon and I liked it. We had the orientation session before the afternoon interviews and after the morning interviews. I had a better idea about the campus and the curriculum after this. Because of this info session, I felt calmer during my interview than when I first showed up. Btw, my deposit of $1000 is due by Dec. 14th and the other $1000 is due in March or May.
Good luck to all those who are still waiting!

What's for lunch at the interview? Is it yummy? Will I keep it down? Will I spill it all over myself? What color is it so I can match my suit?

Subway and chips.. they usually have turkey breast and a few veggie sandwiches..

Thanks, sounds good....looking forward to it.

Hey everyone......

I feel like I've been missing so much over the last couple months by not reading this thread!

Well.....I'm excited about my interview on Dec. 5th. I'll be interviewing in the afternoon. It sounds like the fall class is going to have some great people in it.

I took a tour of the school a few weeks ago and I was impressed by how nice the students were....and I love the gross anatomy lab. I couldn't believe the ventilation system in there. It was great.

Well....I hope to see some of you there next week. Take care!

Heh, yeah.. the ventilation system in the anatomy lab is showcased as well as perhaps the largest arrangement of sinks in a row! Apparently, the ventilation system does a good job of keeping that nasty ol' air inside the anatomy lab where it belongs. It is not responsible for any scent that becomes attached to clothes, belongings, or medical students themselves. :cool: