Compare pedo programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shaby

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am trying to decide about ranking of the pedo program I have interviewed at. I really appreciate your input about the below programs:

How do you compare BU vs. Tufts pedo (both have tuition)?

How do you compare Montefiore vs Brookdale hopstial (both give salary)?

Which one you would prefer overall?

I appreciate your help and look forward to reading your posts!!

Many thanks, S

Members don't see this ad.

I would add University of Maryland (school based with tuition and salary) to the above programs? Anyone has a clue which program is better?

I look forward to your posts!

Thanks!

I couldn't answer you unless I visited the programs and spent some time there. Personally I will rank programs based on 1) tuition (i'm broke) 2) quality of education offered, 3) environment, are the attendings helpful? current residents happy? 4) recommendations from colleagues.

Name or prestige means nothing in my book

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep, that's exactly why I was asking this question here! I'm looking for recommendations from colleagues!! Anyone has any other hints?

I wouldn't touch BU or Tufts at all. Why pay tuition if you don't have to? Lessening your debt load will provide you with more freedom and flexibility when it comes to finding a job.

Interestingly, I went to residency on Long Island, but know nothing about Brookdale or Monte. NY programs are all strange in my book. They aren't big on oral sedation, which isn't a huge issue, but I'm sure that my attendings all think I'm a three-headed monster know that I do 5-6 oral sedations every morning. :laugh: