Compare these classes for me please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SleepPsych72

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm debating on which class to take in the spring and I would appreciate some feedback here. Which class is more difficult Cell Biology or Biochemistry? Which class is more important for medical school would you say? I'm leaning toward Biochem. Without a protracted brain dump, what is the difference between cell biology and biochem? I have taken the first half of biochem and I enjoy it so far although its damn hard. Lots of math and lots of memorization and now pathway after pathway. How hard is cell bio compared to biochem. I spend about 2-7 hours per day studying biochem. We use the Lehninger text.
Also thank you for any feedback. Good luck and Godspeed to all of us who are applying this round!

Members don't see this ad.

I would take Biochem b/c some med school requires it. Also many school recommends it.

SleepPsych72 said:
I'm debating on which class to take in the spring and I would appreciate some feedback here. Which class is more difficult Cell Biology or Biochemistry? Which class is more important for medical school would you say? I'm leaning toward Biochem. Without a protracted brain dump, what is the difference between cell biology and biochem? I have taken the first half of biochem and I enjoy it so far although its damn hard. Lots of math and lots of memorization and now pathway after pathway. How hard is cell bio compared to biochem. I spend about 2-7 hours per day studying biochem. We use the Lehninger text.
Also thank you for any feedback. Good luck and Godspeed to all of us who are applying this round!

I would take cell bio first then take biochem... if that is an option. Or you can take them both at the same time? :scared:

I'm finding Cell Bio to be a breeze compared to Biochem. Of course, I'm also finding it much less interesting.