Army Comparing Army OMS programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

D1Bound

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have not seen a thread on this. Any feedback on this would be great to help an applicant decide which program would be best for them. I understand that preference of program is not guaranteed. I believe that there are 6 programs available for Army oral surgery applicants: Tripler, El Paso, BAMC San Antonio, Madigan, Fort Bragg, Fort Gordon ****Edit: plus Walter Reed***

Which ones are the "country club" programs I've heard mentioned? What are the weaknesses and strengths of all of the programs?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
And Walter Reed. I'd recommend visiting as many programs as you can to get a picture to what they are each like. This varies year-to-year depending on who's in charge, the residents, the chiefs, and the staff.

And Walter Reed. I'd recommend visiting as many programs as you can to get a picture to what they are each like. This varies year-to-year depending on who's in charge, the residents, the chiefs, and the staff.
Do you know how many of the Walter reed spots are reserved for the Army. It was my understanding there are usually six spots total at Walter Reed.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)