Comparison of the DR programs in Ohio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CavsFan2016

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If anyone can give me an un-biased opinion on some of the bigger DR programs located in Ohio (Cincy, OSU, CCF, Case/UH), I would really appreciate it! With everything being virtual this year, its been difficult to compare/contrast each program. Feel free to share on here, or PM me if you would like.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

My biased opinion, based largely on what I perceive is the quality of the training. There may be other factors that influence you, like location or city but I leave that up to you. Personally I dig all three C's as cities and hold them on relatively equal ground lifestyle wise. I interviewed at CCF, UH, and OSU back in the day (being a good Ohioan after all; I matched in 2014 FYI). I didn't apply to Cinci (still bitter for getting waitlisted by them for med school because of that supremely dumb Multiple Mini Interview BS they subjected me to which I clearly bombed)

Cleveland Clinic is the best program in Ohio overall. It has the best academics, pathology, and volume. That said, it lacks a lot of bread butter (like trauma and simple/fun ED stuff). Every patient has a chemo-resistant metastatic pleomorphic de-differentiated lipofibromyomyelosarcoma and no one has appendicitis, if you get my drift. But it's a pretty cool place and looks like a neato place to train. Had I wanted to stay in Ohio I would've wanted to go there.

Ohio State seemed nice when I interviewed there a while ago. A solid program with good training and good pathology. OSU and University Hospitals probably same tier, and not as good as CCF as far as "academics" and "fanciness" go. I don't know much about Cinci's program, but my gut says it's a notch below OSU and UH (guys I knew applying to rads in Ohio seemed to prefer OSU over Cinci, for example).

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for your opinion on the matter, I really appreciate it!