Compensation for procedures

Started by kedhegard
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kedhegard

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is kind of a newbie question to ask, but my FP preceptor doesn't know or is being dodgy...

What are some of the going rates for FP skin procedures such as-
Botox
Wart removal
Mole removal
Microdermabrasion
Chemical Peel
Laser skin resurfacing
Hair removal (I guess by electrolysis)


Any info is much appreciated. I'm still trying to decide what to go in to. I love FP, so I'm gathering as much info as possible.

By the way, here's the link so you don't think I'm just making this stuff up- http://www.aafp.org/x14388.xml

Thanks again.

KE
 
Anything not covered by insurance is going to depend on many factors. The demand of the population. The available physicians to do these procedures and how well you market yourself. Things like botox are going to depend on the price you get the botox for which is going to be determined by the volume you purchase it at.

Go to to this website and give them a call for the going rates.
Catherine Fisher