Compensation question.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DeezNutz13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
sorry for another compensation scenario but here we go.

I just joined a practice and am trying to estimate future compensation as I need to figure out how much house i can afford.

Compensation model
50k sign-on, 50k student loan payment.
1st year 457k guaranteed. 4 day work week.
2nd year on = all productivity. they pay 95% per median wRVU for the year (Sullivan cotter median was $97 for 2020 i think) up to 65th percentile of wRVUs output (5300wrvu for 2020, i think) then 100% per wrvu thereafter. Also a 10% of median heme onc salary for the region (west coast) bonus annually for quality charting/meaningful use.

So assuming im seeing 16pts per day 2 of which are new consults x 4 clinic days. Based on 2021 wrvu billing im assuming thats like roughly 500 wrvu per month x 11 months ( 4 weeks of vacay). 5500 wrvu per year x 91$ = 500k annually + my bonus.

Am i doing this right?
Does anyone know what Sullivan cotter wrvu median CF is for 2021?

Members don't see this ad.

appreciate the response.

After talking to compensation person for the hosp for 2021 65th percentile of wrvu is 5343 and the median wrvu is $99.83. Data Sullivan Cotter.

Sharing because data isn't readily available online.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
sorry for another compensation scenario but here we go.

I just joined a practice and am trying to estimate future compensation as I need to figure out how much house i can afford.

Compensation model
50k sign-on, 50k student loan payment.
1st year 457k guaranteed. 4 day work week.
2nd year on = all productivity. they pay 95% per median wRVU for the year (Sullivan cotter median was $97 for 2020 i think) up to 65th percentile of wRVUs output (5300wrvu for 2020, i think) then 100% per wrvu thereafter. Also a 10% of median heme onc salary for the region (west coast) bonus annually for quality charting/meaningful use.

So assuming im seeing 16pts per day 2 of which are new consults x 4 clinic days. Based on 2021 wrvu billing im assuming thats like roughly 500 wrvu per month x 11 months ( 4 weeks of vacay). 5500 wrvu per year x 91$ = 500k annually + my bonus.

Am i doing this right?
Does anyone know what Sullivan cotter wrvu median CF is for 2021?
what region of the country? How much does partner make? How many years to partner?

northwest. It's a regional healthcare network so there are no partners.