Competitiveness of PM&R "R" spots

Started by Want2Bdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Want2Bdoc

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm thinking ahead for next match and wondering if anyone has insight on the "R" spots for PM&R. I'm set to do a medicine prelim at DO program and will be re-interviewing for advanced spots.
 
I'm thinking ahead for next match and wondering if anyone has insight on the "R" spots for PM&R. I'm set to do a medicine prelim at DO program and will be re-interviewing for advanced spots.

They are rather competitive, because there are very few and there are only a handful of programs that have them, and typically have 1.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I agree--they're quite competitive. If you're only applying to PM&R, make sure you also apply for the normal PGY-2 positions. Obviously that'd be less preferable because then you have a gap of one year.
 
One of my fellow interns matched to one and they basically wanted her to sign out side the match but couldn't. There was still a chance that they would back out, but she basically knew after interveiwing that she had the spot.
 
One of my fellow interns matched to one and they basically wanted her to sign out side the match but couldn't. There was still a chance that they would back out, but she basically knew after interveiwing that she had the spot.

Where at? Was she transferring out of something else?