Competitiveness???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharm13oy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My girlfriend scored a 90 on her PCAT and has a cumulative GPA of 3.9. Nine years ago, when I applied for pharmacy school...marks like that were considered automatic for acceptance. I was wondering how those marks hold up now. Can anyone shed some light on this? I know there are those of you who have been accepted to your schools of choice. My girlfriend is quite concerned that the acceptance window for the school she applied to is narrowing and is stressed. Thank for any insight you can give. Congrats to all and secundum artem.

Members don't see this ad.

90th percentile is an excellent score. Most schools that require PCAT look at the scores very closely. I think that she is in but she just needs to play the waiting game. Good luck

Thank you Ellie. I try to encourage her that her scores are very competitive. Good luck to you as well!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
pharm13oy said:
My girlfriend scored a 90 on her PCAT and has a cumulative GPA of 3.9. Nine years ago, when I applied for pharmacy school...marks like that were considered automatic for acceptance. I was wondering how those marks hold up now. Can anyone shed some light on this? I know there are those of you who have been accepted to your schools of choice. My girlfriend is quite concerned that the acceptance window for the school she applied to is narrowing and is stressed. Thank for any insight you can give. Congrats to all and secundum artem.

I would say she is pretty much in to wherever she wants to go.

pharm13oy said:
intangibles are the key. If she does a terrible job at the interview, that could spell trouble. I had a good friend that applied to Nova with a 3.8 gpa and a 96 PCAT but his personality is a bit to be desired. He was rejected.

Caverject said:
intangibles are the key. If she does a terrible job at the interview, that could spell trouble. I had a good friend that applied to Nova with a 3.8 gpa and a 96 PCAT but his personality is a bit to be desired. He was rejected.

I actually interviewed at Nova for the 1996 class. I was accepted with a 3.2 gpa and an 86 on the pcat. unfortunately...all schools have become so competitive. good luck to all!!!