This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

picmonic freak

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The only irreversible competitive chemicals/drugs that comes to my mind are Aspirin, phenoxybenzamine, and (maybe CO toxin? or that one maybe just has a REALLY high affinity and may be CONSIDERED irreversible). Does anyone have a compilation of these irreversible competitive inhibitors? feel free to correct anything i stated. On line weaver burk plot qs, I'm not confident when it asks about competitive inhibitors because I always wonder: "Is THAT one irreversible?". I currently have the understanding that any chemical that competes for the active site and forms a covalent bond is irreversible competitive inhibitor- (and perhaps chemical whose affinity is so high that they are considered PRACTICALLY irreversible.... but not sure about this one) Thanks a lot!