• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

pharm3LW

10+ Year Member
Dec 23, 2008
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Hello, I am currently a pre-pharmacy student, and I recently discovered my interest in pharmacy and complementary and alternative medicine. I read that one could specialize in botanical supplements, and then pursue a
pharmacy practitioner career in retail or research, and I was
wondering what you know and think about this kind of pharmacy.Thanks for your assistance!

PharMed2016

Eternal Scholar
10+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
There is a specific field involving this interest called pharmagnosy. This is an especially hot field in Asian countries where they are more traditionally oriented into herbal research.

cuedee

10+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2007
Status
Pharmacist
Hello, I am currently a pre-pharmacy student, and I recently discovered my interest in pharmacy and complementary and alternative medicine. I read that one could specialize in botanical supplements, and then pursue a
pharmacy practitioner career in retail or research, and I was
wondering what you know and think about this kind of pharmacy.Thanks for your assistance!
According to UH-Hilo's website, traditional Eastern medicine is in their curriculum.

About the Ads