SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Completely Clueless on the Service

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by TIMMY, Apr 7, 2007.

1. TIMMY

TIMMY I search after truth.... 7+ Year Member

Oct 8, 2003
    Bethesda Maryland
    :confused: Ive been on OB for a few weeks and nothing seems to stick on this rotation. Reading up on cases and knowing my patients inside out have served me well on other rotations as I was comfortable answering questions and did well in the end.....but I am literally an 'idiot' on the OB serv. Nothing seems to be working on this service...easy concepts seem harder to grasp for some reason.
    I know we cant be jack of all trade...but is it common to have 'that 1 rotation' that we are absolutely clueless or am I loosing it/burnt out as the year draws to a close????
    Thanks

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. The_Sensei

The_Sensei Banned Banned

Dec 28, 2005

Don't beat yourself up, dude. OB blows and most feel like idiots during this rotation. Just show up, smile, and deal with the estrogen........

4. bones4u

bones4u Residency>>>Med School 2+ Year Member

Apr 9, 2007
    I felt the same way on OB, until I realized that its hardly a science, nor an art, but more a complex scheme to protect the MD from all the possible perinatal litigation.

I wish I was kidding, but think about it. The icing on the cake was when I found out one of the b*tchiest residents on my team was named in 4-5 malpractice cases in her residency alone.

Anyway you'll survive and move on, and get to real rotations where I'm sure you'll shine. best of luck and remember to cut the cord between the clamps, not between the clamp and the baby! :thumbup: