Compounding equipment and chemicals, where to buy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ark8012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am thinking to open my own compounding pharmacy, and trying to decide the wholesaler for compounding equipment and chemicals.
I talked with PCCA and Medisca so far, then came up with questions.
PCCA is asking a big money for their membership and maintenance fee while Medisca told me they have a free membership.
Is it worth to pay the membership fee to PCCA comparing to a free membership from Medisca? Are chemicals/equipment prices for PCCA member significantly cheaper than Medisca prices?
I am asking because many compounding pharmacies are still using PCCA even with the membership fee.

PS. Do we have other suppliers other than these two?

Members don't see this ad.

When you use PCCA, you get access to their recipes and beyond use dating - this is the primary reason for the fee. Some of the others, like Fagron, Medisca, and Letco, have similar offerings but they are far less comprehensive than PCCA. The biggest advantage to PCCA is that if the state board requested you to produce documentation of the beyond use dating of the product, you'd actually be able to do that by simply using the information they make available to you (as opposed to obtaining it yourself which is very costly or attempting to use subpar information provided by many other wholesalers).

As far as pricing goes, PCCA not only charges a large fee but their ingredients are far more costly. On bases, I will say they have some of the best available, some of which there really are no good alternatives. But many of the other ingredients are cheaper elsewhere, I'd recommend Fagron as some of the best pricing around.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: 3 users
When you use PCCA, you get access to their recipes and beyond use dating - this is the primary reason for the fee. Some of the others, like Fagron, Medisca, and Letco, have similar offerings but they are far less comprehensive than PCCA. The biggest advantage to PCCA is that if the state board requested you to produce documentation of the beyond use dating of the product, you'd actually be able to do that by simply using the information they make available to you (as opposed to obtaining it yourself which is very costly or attempting to use subpar information provided by many other wholesalers).

As far as pricing goes, PCCA not only charges a large fee but their ingredients are far more costly. On bases, I will say they have some of the best available, some of which there really are no good alternatives. But many of the other ingredients are cheaper elsewhere, I'd recommend Fagron as some of the best pricing around.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for the information you provided. It helps me a lot.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi sir as you said " you are thinking to open my own compounding pharmacy, and trying to decide the wholesaler for compounding equipment and chemicals. " I would say that you should find a reliable supplier that you can trust and can provide you with the best and correct chemicals
------------------
RX Marine was established in 1996 in Mumbai, India; as chemical manufacturing company catering exclusively to the needs of the marine industry. In a short span of 12 years the company has established itself as one of the leading wholesale suppliers of a wide range of chemicals for - Marine industry internationally - and other local industires and plants. Our client list bears testimony to this. The RXSOL policy has its foundations on two pillars of strength - a continuous investment in research and development to deliver premium quality products and a commitment to service.

-------------------
Degreaser

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user
dont forget the trailer.

Hi sir as you said " you are thinking to open my own compounding pharmacy, and trying to decide the wholesaler for compounding equipment and chemicals. " I would say that you should find a reliable supplier that you can trust and can provide you with the best and correct chemicals
You forgot "kindly" and "do the necessary"