Step I Comprehensive Immunology Resource

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MedicineMan99

Family Medicine Attending (DO)
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am having trouble getting the big, comprehensive, accurate picture of how B cells, T cells, cytokines, immunoglobulins, etc. interact. If you have FA 2009, I want a picture that somehow combines that on page 195 and 196. In FA, the information is too choppy for me to comprehend well.
I have also tried Goljan, Kaplan Board Review book to no avail. Does anyone know where I can find a great diagram or perhaps some helpful animations/movies?

Thanks very much.
 
Thanks very much for the suggestions. I am really looking for a great PDF file or website or media link, something very concise and board relevant on the interaction between B cells, T cells, etc. Those text books look great but at this point I don't have enough time to read text books. Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I second the Levinson even if you don't have a lot of time, B and T cell interaction is like 3 pages there and it really puts everything together for me and it's been a while since immuno.
 
I second the Levinson even if you don't have a lot of time, B and T cell interaction is like 3 pages there and it really puts everything together for me and it's been a while since immuno.

A third vote for Levinson. I was able to read through it and notate FA in a morning's worth of work. It's a clear and well-written read.
 
Bumping this thread...


Anyone has other suggestions about resources for immuno... I just ordered Levinson... I am getting slaughtered right now. I need some help!
I think I recall recommending this to you or to someone else in a similar situation a few weeks ago: How the Immune System Works by Lauren Sompayrac

Quick read, highly rated.

The Immuno sections of Lange Review of Medical Microbiology and Immunology are also quite good, but I would go with Sompayrac initially.
 
I think I recall recommending this to you or to someone else in a similar situation a few weeks ago: How the Immune System Works by Lauren Sompayrac

Quick read, highly rated.

The Immuno sections of Lange Review of Medical Microbiology and Immunology are also quite good, but I would go with Sompayrac initially.
I already got Sompayrac and read the first 7 chapters, but I need another book to add some details. I just had my first exam and it was big on detail and not the big picture