Comprehensive Shelf Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Slevin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone taken the comprehensive NBME shelf exam? How is it compared to the rest of the shelf exams, what is a good way to study for it? What was the % required to pass. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone taken the comprehensive NBME shelf exam? How is it compared to the rest of the shelf exams, what is a good way to study for it? What was the % required to pass. Thanks

We took it at the end of march and honestly it was not too horrible. Just very long, my brain was giving out alot because just days ago I had taken the IM shelf. Most of the exam was IM as I recall so that kind of saved me. I had trouble with the ob, peds, and psych sections because I had forgotten most of that stuff. I really didnt study because I was just in a s** done with all 3rd year cores mood lol.. Our school sent us a email saying a score of 66 is eq to pass on usmle step 2. I passed but not really sure what the grade breakdown is, if u want you could sit there n do uworld qs. I havent done any so far, need to find the motivation to study for step 2 now...

Is this the same as the "Intro to Phys Dx" one?