COMP's location relative to LA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cee

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i've heard that pomona isnt exactly never-neverland and it may not be the prettiest of towns, but as long as there are nicer towns around it, i think i can manage..

my main quetion is, how far is pomona and the towns in its 15 minute radius from all of the good stuff in LA? i mapquested pomona, like the geography buff that i am, and it seemed kind of nestled in the corner valley of los angeles, but then checked the map's scale and since LA is so spread out, the map was quite deceiving. in actuality, westernu seems pretty freakin' far relative to LA and its high publicized areas of hollywood, beverly hills, the beach, etc (stuff that u would do on a night out on the town/daytime trip shopping/going to the beach)

does it honestly take about 1 hr to get out to what LA has to offer? and if so, is there other stuff to do in nearby orange county or in the inland empire itself?

Members don't see this ad.

Inland empire isn't that exciting. But it's not like you'll have that much time to go out anyway.

It is about 45 (without traffic) to Santa Monica, Hollywood, OC and the beach.

Since I don't go to class much, I've decided to move out of nearby Claremont and head to the Huntington/Newport area.

chuckcamp said:
so i've heard that pomona isnt exactly never-neverland and it may not be the prettiest of towns, but as long as there are nicer towns around it, i think i can manage..

my main quetion is, how far is pomona and the towns in its 15 minute radius from all of the good stuff in LA? i mapquested pomona, like the geography buff that i am, and it seemed kind of nestled in the corner valley of los angeles, but then checked the map's scale and since LA is so spread out, the map was quite deceiving. in actuality, westernu seems pretty freakin' far relative to LA and its high publicized areas of hollywood, beverly hills, the beach, etc (stuff that u would do on a night out on the town/daytime trip shopping/going to the beach)

does it honestly take about 1 hr to get out to what LA has to offer? and if so, is there other stuff to do in nearby orange county or in the inland empire itself?
i don't know where you're from, but here in SoCal, driving a lot is the norm. 45 to LA is not bad at all. the only bad part about it is that its 45 mins w/o traffic. and going down the 10 (freeway) for that long, you are bound to hit traffic at some point. but...i wouldn't be too worried, there is tons of stuff to do, and you can make your own fun. :D