Computer for Optometry School

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

eyehaveastigmatism

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have suggestions for the best computer for optometry school? I will be attending IUSO next fall, and I wanted to go ahead and start searching for a new laptop and/or tablet. I currently have a MacBook Pro, but it's almost 5 years old. Would you suggest Windows or Mac? Also, what are your ideas on using something like an iPad Pro or Surface Pro? Since my Mac is still fully functional, I have considered going the tablet route. Any ideas/suggestions welcome!
 
Does anyone have suggestions for the best computer for optometry school? I will be attending IUSO next fall, and I wanted to go ahead and start searching for a new laptop and/or tablet. I currently have a MacBook Pro, but it's almost 5 years old. Would you suggest Windows or Mac? Also, what are your ideas on using something like an iPad Pro or Surface Pro? Since my Mac is still fully functional, I have considered going the tablet route. Any ideas/suggestions welcome!
I went with a MacBook and loved it. Some of my classmates used both a Macbook and an Ipad to take notes on. I just didn't find the need for an Ipad personally. I'd start with a clean slate and get a good new Macbook Pro, you will be storing a lot of information on that computer for the next 4 years.
 
I recently got a Lenovo Yoga 720, 13.3" 2-in-1 and I love it. It's light and beautiful like mac, but has a touch screen, and costs less.