Computer Science and Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prokofiev

Reaction score
I have a passion for both, but unfortunately no time (or the GPA) to do an MD/PhD. Are there any interesting career opportunities (that doesn't require a PhD) that might be present for someone with a masters in computer science and a medical degree?

Members don't see this ad.

I have a passion for both, but unfortunately no time (or the GPA) to do an MD/PhD. Are there any interesting career opportunities (that doesn't require a PhD) that might be present for someone with a masters in computer science and a medical degree?
Genomics and medical genetics

Reactions: 1 user
Tons, speaking as someone in this field. Research: from basic informatics (genomics/proteomics/other-omics) to clinical (big data, analytics, AI, applied informatics), health admin/operations (quality/safety, CMIO/CIO routes, data analytics), to industry. There is also board certification in clinical informatics as well as a medical society (some links below to get you started). I'd encourage you to seek out MDs doing informatics work in medicine/bioscience at your home institution and medical school.

Reactions: 2 users