Computer science: "other science", or "non-science"?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

combatwombat

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have seen many posts saying that, in AACOMAS, computer science courses count as math, which in turn counts as non-science. However, when I click "support" on the AACOMAS website, and go to the "detailed guidelines for entering coursework," the guidelines (which seem to be copied from TMDSAS) clearly say that math and computer science are considered "other science."

While I've only taken 2 computer science courses, my grades in both are good and I'm not sure what to do. Is it possible AACOMAS has just changed its classification scheme? Should I just enter them as "other science" and see what happens?

Members don't see this ad.

I have seen many posts saying that, in AACOMAS, computer science courses count as math, which in turn counts as non-science. However, when I click "support" on the AACOMAS website, and go to the "detailed guidelines for entering coursework," the guidelines (which seem to be copied from TMDSAS) clearly say that math and computer science are considered "other science."

While I've only taken 2 computer science courses, my grades in both are good and I'm not sure what to do. Is it possible AACOMAS has just changed its classification scheme? Should I just enter them as "other science" and see what happens?

I listed all my computer science courses as "math." That's what the verification process is for, I figure they'll just change them if they have a problem with it (My app is still waiting to be verified).

I just went back to look at my AACOMAS app on the website and I brought up the "instructions for completing colleges and coursework" guide. That is really weird that it brings up the instructions for the TMDSAS application with that logo and everything. I swear it wasn't like that when I was filling out my application a few weeks ago. I remember looking to see what I should classify my comp sci classes as, and I remember it saying to put it as "math." Not sure why they have the TMDSAS instructions coming up...

You could try emailing AACOM and asking them about that, it's gotta be some sort of error with their website bringing up the wrong set of instructions. Maybe it's because Interfolio hosts both the AACOMAS and TMDSAS apps, not sure though...