1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

computer vs paper exam

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by enajharas, May 14, 2007.

1. enajharas

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    hey guys...
    so I just heard that a school I am applying to is "increasing" their average mcat from a 27 to a 29... that being said - I talked to my school counselors about my mcat and they said that they've seen LOWER and a lot of lower scores than normal (normal being the paper exam). do you think admission committees are still expecting people to rise to a higher average even if the computer average is lower than the paper average???
    does this make sense?:rolleyes:
    Thanks guys!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DrBowtie

DrBowtie Final Countdown
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    In general, average scores at all schools are on the rise. The MCAT is standardized so that they can compare it across administrations so I wouldn't worry about variances in paper vs. computer scores.

4. enajharas

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    has there been any computation of an average from January and April mcats?
    I just don't understand how they will compare CBT averages to paper averages if they aren't as high...

5. DrBowtie

DrBowtie Final Countdown
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    The composite data isn't up yet, but I assure you, scores are relatively the same with the same bell curve as the paper.