1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

computer vs paper exam

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by enajharas, May 14, 2007.

1. enajharas

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    hey guys...
    so I just heard that a school I am applying to is "increasing" their average mcat from a 27 to a 29... that being said - I talked to my school counselors about my mcat and they said that they've seen LOWER and a lot of lower scores than normal (normal being the paper exam). do you think admission committees are still expecting people to rise to a higher average even if the computer average is lower than the paper average???
    does this make sense?:rolleyes:
    Thanks guys!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DrBowtie

DrBowtie Final Countdown
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    In general, average scores at all schools are on the rise. The MCAT is standardized so that they can compare it across administrations so I wouldn't worry about variances in paper vs. computer scores.

4. enajharas

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    has there been any computation of an average from January and April mcats?
    I just don't understand how they will compare CBT averages to paper averages if they aren't as high...

5. DrBowtie

DrBowtie Final Countdown
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    The composite data isn't up yet, but I assure you, scores are relatively the same with the same bell curve as the paper.