Con Artists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

diplomat

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do Vets get away with ripping off patients for their meds?? I just took my dog my vet who I've been going to for 10 years and he sends me away with 2 Medications, 80 dollars for both. I can get these both at Publix for 15.00. How can a business get away with charging basically whatever they want? And why don't Vets have a thing called morals, ethics, and a conscience? Why would he assume that cost is not an option for me and I don't have an issue with basically throwing my money in the garbage (his pocket). Are there any vets that aren't scumbags? Where can I find one who actually cares about me and not just stealing my money?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Uhhhh... A couple points:

1. Please calm down.

2. Don't go to that vet anymore.

3. Did he force you to buy them? Couldn't you have said "no thanks, I'll get those elsewhere"?

4. The problem is likely not with vets, but the whole medical field. I have a prescription that costs $8 for generic, $200 for name brand. And have you ever taken a ride in an ambulance? Thousands of dollars to get from point A to point B! There is a lot of money thrown around in the medical field!

I could go on and on concerning point #4 and the fleecing of America, but I will leave it at that.

Uhhhh... A couple points:
2. Don't go to that vet anymore.
3. Did he force you to buy them? Couldn't you have said "no thanks, I'll get those elsewhere"?

If I go to a different Vet they are just going to try to scam me the same way I would assume.
Is there a database of Vets that actually have morals, ethics, and a conscience?? If so, I would like to search for one.

They didn't force me to buy them, they told me they were prescribing him medications, they gave me a bill which I paid then looked at the charges once inside my vehicle. I can get the anti-biotic free at Publix. I just don't understand how someone can just charge me 30 dollars for a medication without even asking, "Sir, do you know that medication we are about to charge you 30 dollars is giving free at Publix, would you like us to write you a prescription or would you like to pay the 30 dollars?" I just don't get it. I just find this so unethical to the point I feel it should be illegal.

Members don't see this ad :)
What are Free online sources for Veterinarian, specifically dogs and cats, drug reference guides?? That give dosing and things like that??

Morals: When a pre-professional student goes onto a public message board to call members of another profession nasty names, rather than talk directly to the person he has an issue with.

Ethics: When a pre-pharmacy students thinks he knows more than a licensed vet and decides to make up his own drug dosages with the help of Dr. Google.

Conscience: See morals and ethics, above.

Irony: When said "moral" person has a username of "diplomat"

I just want a Vet Drug Reference so I can verify that the Vet who ripped me off also treated my pet properly. I am over it, I am calm and collective, and faced reality that the only way a Vet can make money is to over charge 700% of actual value of medication. I understand that now, I learned a valuable lesson, and I will move on.

I just want a Vet Drug Reference so I can verify that the Vet who ripped me off also treated my pet properly. I am over it, I am calm and collective, and faced reality that the only way a Vet can make money is to over charge 700% of actual value of medication. I understand that now, I learned a valuable lesson, and I will move on.

if you're concerned about whether a veterinarian treated your dog properly then you need to speak with a veterinarian about your concerns. we're not here to give you references so you can dose your dog with some antibiotics that you can "get for free" at the store, especially when you come on here ranting about how much veterinarians are con artists.

by the way. besides the fact that even though you can get drugs "for free" at the store, it costs vets a lot of money in overhead to maintain a pharmacy of drugs available for the convenience of their clients. in the future if you have money concerns you should mention that to your vet (and potentially get a script instead) rather than come on here after the fact ranting to all of us about how horribly immoral and unethical we are. vets are not mind readers and if they have the medication there why would they NOT offer it to you.

Why would he assume that cost is not an option for me and I don't have an issue with basically throwing my money in the garbage (his pocket).

also just fyi, in school we are trained to offer the 'standard of care' as the primary treatment option and then work with the client regarding other treatment options if the standard of care is not feasible. would you rather the vet judge you based on your appearance and not offer you things based off of how you look? it's up to you (the client) to say what is and is not reasonable for you. if he had assumed that cost was an option for you, didn't prescribe you that antibiotic and something terrible happened to your dog, you'd be on here ranting about how crappy the vet was for making assumptions about you and what you could afford. communication is a two way street.

No one "ripped you off" - they sold you something and made a reasonable profit from that item, like most businesses do when they sell a product. They have overhead costs to deal with and don't choose to lose money on a prescription like large pharmacies (especially those in department and grocery stores) do. Yes, that Publix pharmacy is losing money on that bargain prescription because they are using it as a loss leader to get you into the store, hoping you will buy something else while you're waiting (and they're usually right) or at least be inundated by their advertising while you're waiting and remember that so you don't go to one of their competitors. There was no "con", there was no theft. As was said, you could have asked for a prescription to get filled elsewhere, or asked if there was a less expensive way to deal with your pets' problem.

When the vet charges me 30 dollars for something that he knows is available FREE, yes he is scamming me. And when he charges 50 dollars for another medication that I can purchase for 15, yes he is scamming me.

If I went to my regular PCP and he said, "I am going to put you on some blood pressure medications and some cholesterol medications, go to the front and they will check you out." Then if the doctor decided to charge me 100 dollars for a 30 month supply of atenolol, 80 dollars for a 30 month supply of Lovastatin, and 93 dollars for a 30 month supply of metoprolol. After paying 273 dollars for my medication and being told to come back every month and that would be my price I would obviously be in a bit of shock but think to myself, "that must just be the price of the meds, the doctor is doing the best thing for me, I TRUST HIM." After leaving the office with this sense of trust and finding out that I could purchase these meds for 12 dollars at Walmart instead of the 273 dollars at the doctors office you better believe I am going to be upset. That is basically theft in my book. And what the vet did to me at the office today by charging 80 dollars for 15 dollars worth of medications is theft and I lost complete trust and respect for that Vet and basically every Vet in the United States because I know that MOST of them do business this way.

My last vet I went to was prescribing medicine to my dog that he didn't even need, just to make some money off of us. Gave my dog ketoconazole tabs for a red spot on his stomach. My dog was sick as hell from the ketoconazole.

Morals: When a pre-professional student goes onto a public message board to call members of another profession nasty names, rather than talk directly to the person he has an issue with.

Ethics: When a pre-pharmacy students thinks he knows more than a licensed vet and decides to make up his own drug dosages with the help of Dr. Google.

Conscience: See morals and ethics, above.

Irony: When said "moral" person has a username of "diplomat"

*Like*

Does anyone else not understand why Diplomat didn't read his bill until he was in his car? I never sign for anything without reading the charges.

Sometimes I really wish humans didn't have health insurance so they can realize how ridiculous their complaints about the cost of veterinary care really are. $78 is an appropriate cost for the medication dispensed from the clinic. It is the client's responsibility to price shop if she is on a budget.

Vet: "You need X & Y medications to treat your pet's condition. I will have my staff draw up the appropriate amounts and you can pay at the front desk"

OP: "Okay" *goes and rants online*

What OP should have said: "I am operating on a tight budget here. Can you please write me a script for those medications so that I can obtain them at lower cost elsewhere?"

It's called being an educated consumer.

I did not look at the price until I reached my car because I TRUSTED my Veterinarian and did not think he would attempt to price gouge me, boy was I wrong. You live and you learn. Before I went into the Veterinarians office today I trusted him and thought he actually cared about me and my animals. When I left I realized he could care less and only wants my money. You live and you learn, that is life. I did call them and requested that I want all future prescriptions given to me, I do not want to fill any medications at their office. They said they would make a note of it in my records.

What OP should have said: "I am operating on a tight budget here. Can you please write me a script for those medications so that I can obtain them at lower cost elsewhere?"
It's called being an educated consumer.

It's not a matter of having the money or not having the money or "being on a tight budget". It's the fact that I was not advised that I was being giving a medication that could be purchased at the pharmacy next door for 75% less than the cost they were offering it at. I just don't appreciate being ripped off.

It would have been nice to have the common courtesy of being explained: "Sir, these medications are available at any local pharmacy and you do have the option to take a hard copy prescription to any pharmacy and get them filled, would you like to take the prescriptions or would you like to fill them through us?"
Is this too much to ask????

Members don't see this ad :)
When the vet charges me 30 dollars for something that he knows is available FREE, yes he is scamming me. And when he charges 50 dollars for another medication that I can purchase for 15, yes he is scamming me.

If I went to my regular PCP and he said, "I am going to put you on some blood pressure medications and some cholesterol medications, go to the front and they will check you out." Then if the doctor decided to charge me 100 dollars for a 30 month supply of atenolol, 80 dollars for a 30 month supply of Lovastatin, and 93 dollars for a 30 month supply of metoprolol. After paying 273 dollars for my medication and being told to come back every month and that would be my price I would obviously be in a bit of shock but think to myself, "that must just be the price of the meds, the doctor is doing the best thing for me, I TRUST HIM." After leaving the office with this sense of trust and finding out that I could purchase these meds for 12 dollars at Walmart instead of the 273 dollars at the doctors office you better believe I am going to be upset. That is basically theft in my book. And what the vet did to me at the office today by charging 80 dollars for 15 dollars worth of medications is theft and I lost complete trust and respect for that Vet and basically every Vet in the United States because I know that MOST of them do business this way.

My last vet I went to was prescribing medicine to my dog that he didn't even need, just to make some money off of us. Gave my dog ketoconazole tabs for a red spot on his stomach. My dog was sick as hell from the ketoconazole.

sooooo you just assume that the veterinarian has a working knowledge of every cost for every individual prescription medication at every pharmacy? and that this one "scammed" you because he charged you more than what you can get a pharmacy?

i didn't know that you know how MOST vets in the united states operate as well, i guess because i had a bad experience with a pharmacist once i should just assume that ALL of them are lazy and rude! i also didn't know you are apparently a veterinarian as well, seeing as how you think your dog was prescribed a medication he "didn't even need"....we should be listening to YOU on this forum because clearly you know everything!

btw if you are a pharmacist i would have thought that as soon as the vet said he was going to prescribe you medication you would see if you could have them filled at your own pharmacy, and would have looked at how much they charge. why you decided to not ask about the charges as they were given to you at the counter is your own issue.

would you consider it theft if someone comes up to you at CVS to fill a script and you charge them $15 knowing they can get it for $4 at Target? do you check the prices of every script you fill against all of YOUR competitors?

Before I went into the Veterinarians office today I trusted him and thought he actually cared about me and my animals. When I left I realized he could care less and only wants my money.

I don't know your veterinarian personally, but I can just about guarantee that he does care about you and your animals and not just about turning a profit. The reason why a lot of vets tend to stock, fill, and send home their own drugs is for convenience and customer compliance.

Convenience is critical because a lot of our clients already complain continuously about how much time it takes to come to the office for the appointment, let alone a recheck, let alone going somewhere ELSE to pick up additional meds. For a lot of them, one-stop shopping is easier and they are happy to pay for the meds. If this isn't the case for you, speak up.

Compliance is even more of an issue. If the client walks out the door with the paid-for meds already in hand, they are much more likely to then disperse it to their pets as instructed (or at least mostly). If they walk out with a paper script that they then have to call in to the pharmacy, wait until it's filled, and then go pick it up, the chance of that medication reaching the pet is much lower. There's just way more time and many more steps for something to happen to prevent the animal from getting that medication - the script gets lost, they forget to call it in, there's a bunch of other errands that need to be done and pick-up gets pushed back a week or two, etc. I'm not saying that's you but it is a big, big, big problem in our field. The number one thing we are taught in vet school? Owner compliance is the biggest obstacle to a treatment plan for many cases. Ensuring the meds are with the animal at the time of departure is one step closer to making sure that is fixed.

If you heard the amount of the bill and it seemed high to you, I don't know why you wouldn't have requested to see an itemized receipt first. I trust my vet too - I've worked there off and on for ten years and love the docs to death - but would still ask for a breakdown if the math didn't add up. That's called being a smart consumer and you've learned a lesson that can apply to any field, not just vet med (have you ever gotten a car repaired, for example? Itemizing the bill is critical).

Sorry you had a bad experience but know that we as a profession are not out to steal from you, gouge you, make your life miserable, or chase you for money. You're a pre-pharmacy student. You must know that places like Publix, Target, Walmart, etc. can offer those free antibiotics because of the massive amount of money they generate each and every day from drug sales. They are huge chains that have enormous bargaining power with distributors. The amount that they pay to get those drugs in stock is likely way, way, way lower per unit than what your typical one, two, or five doctor veterinary practice will pay simply because of the volume of product being moved. Wholesale prices for the Publix purchasers means they can offer these cheap-to-make generics dirt cheap. We can't. We have to charge more to make a profit and that doesn't make us criminals.

I know you're upset, but think about your tone next time you start one of these threads - calling our profession a bunch of con artists and scammers who lack morals, ethics, and conscience is no way to get anyone on your side. And is the best way to show your lack of understanding.

I agree with the above posters. No one is trying to scam you and steal all your monies. Quit being a douche. And no one here is going to direct you to a drug resource. That would be unethical.

After you got in your car and looked at the bill, then realized you could get the same meds for a fraction of the cost at another place.... why didn't you just walk back in and return them? Did they lock the doors on you and run away? ....

I just love going back and reading posts from douche-y people and seeing how happy they are in other aspects of their life.

"Pharmacy Worst Career Possible"

Aww, job satisfaction.

"I work at CVS. Forexample. Say I gave someone Amoxicillin when the prescription said Azithromycinand the patient claimed to have an adverse reaction from the medication. Wouldthe patient bring a lawsuit against CVS and the pharmacist, CVS, or the pharmacistonly?? How much liability does CVS have when a pharmacist makes a mistake??"
So, was this screw up before or after the self-medicating?

"I have never taken any prescription medication butfeel like I have to in order to work at CVS. Does anyone take any prescriptionantidepressants or anti-psychs that they could recommend? CVS has brought me tothe point I feel I need medication to survive"

"I can't do Xanax, it just puts me to sleep. I wasjust wondering if anyone has tried anything that has made the job tolerable.
And yes, I am a pharmacist. Sorry, just havent changed my title on SDN yet."
If you are an actual pharmacist, why would you buy ANY drugs from a veterinarian?? When the vet said your dog needed meds, why wouldn't you ask which ones??

"Anyway my reply isreferring to people who get taken advantage of at rotation sites"
Because nothing in life is fair

Re: A vetpharm class --- "I took it a couple summers ago. I enjoyed it."

Then maybe you should be a little more aware of what goes on in the vet world???

"Whetheryou plan on working at CVS or not the key is to try to get out of there as soonas you can"

"If youdon't have children you probably don't care too much about Christmas." Grinch, much?

"If you werent arrested for it whocares. Just remember, if you become a community big chain pharmacist you arenothing more than a heroin drug dealer. All day long you will be dispensing manmade heroin to individuals who will resell it on the street for 10X the amountyou sold it to them for. They will then take these pills and sell them topeople who are either going to smoke them or directly inject them in theirveins. Don't think for a second that because you choose to smoke marijuana youare a bad person. "

And just for fun: "It's allhow you talk to these broads. As long as you arent a weirdo, there is nothingmore attractive to women then financial security aka early retirement for them."

You should have looked at your bill before you walked out the door. That's your own fault. Anyone can pull the "BUT I TRUSTED YOU" card. Seriously, grow up.

As a pre-pharmacy student, you should KNOW that you can get many pet medications through your own pharmacy, where it MAY be cheaper. Why didn't you ask your vet when he/she explained the treatment plan? Again, your own fault.

This thread is an insult to our profession and you have offended many of us. Veterinarians work hard to 1)get accepted to a school, 2)graduate from school, 3)provide quality medicine, 4)provide quality medicine at an affordable price because, yes, they need to make money to cover their costs (clinic, staff, supplies, overhead, LOANS), but also want to help patients knowing that their owners do not have millions$$.

Medical care is expensive, and as a pre-pharmacy student, you should know that. My boyfriend is going to pharmacy school this fall and him and my Mom both work in a large retail chain pharmacy, and they both understand that medications are expensive because of all the research and mind power that goes into a medication.

I just love going back and reading posts from douche-y people and seeing how happy they are in other aspects of their life.

“Pharmacy Worst Career Possible”

Aww, job satisfaction.

“I work at CVS. Forexample. Say I gave someone Amoxicillin when the prescription said Azithromycinand the patient claimed to have an adverse reaction from the medication. Wouldthe patient bring a lawsuit against CVS and the pharmacist, CVS, or the pharmacistonly?? How much liability does CVS have when a pharmacist makes a mistake??”
So, was this screw up before or after the self-medicating?

“I have never taken any prescription medication butfeel like I have to in order to work at CVS. Does anyone take any prescriptionantidepressants or anti-psychs that they could recommend? CVS has brought me tothe point I feel I need medication to survive”

“I can't do Xanax, it just puts me to sleep. I wasjust wondering if anyone has tried anything that has made the job tolerable.
And yes, I am a pharmacist. Sorry, just havent changed my title on SDN yet.”
If you are an actual pharmacist, why would you buy ANY drugs from a veterinarian?? When the vet said your dog needed meds, why wouldn't you ask which ones??

“Anyway my reply isreferring to people who get taken advantage of at rotation sites”
Because nothing in life is fair

Re: A vetpharm class --- “I took it a couple summers ago. I enjoyed it.”

Then maybe you should be a little more aware of what goes on in the vet world???

“Whetheryou plan on working at CVS or not the key is to try to get out of there as soonas you can”

“If youdon't have children you probably don't care too much about Christmas.” Grinch, much?

“If you werent arrested for it whocares. Just remember, if you become a community big chain pharmacist you arenothing more than a heroin drug dealer. All day long you will be dispensing manmade heroin to individuals who will resell it on the street for 10X the amountyou sold it to them for. They will then take these pills and sell them topeople who are either going to smoke them or directly inject them in theirveins. Don't think for a second that because you choose to smoke marijuana youare a bad person. “

And just for fun: “It's allhow you talk to these broads. As long as you arent a weirdo, there is nothingmore attractive to women then financial security aka early retirement for them.”

:laugh:..................:smuggrin:.................:eek:...............:confused:..............:mad:...............:scared:..............

This was quite comical, diplomat. Thanks for the laugh! :roflcopter:

If I go to a different Vet they are just going to try to scam me the same way I would assume.
Is there a database of Vets that actually have morals, ethics, and a conscience?? If so, I would like to search for one.

They didn't force me to buy them, they told me they were prescribing him medications, they gave me a bill which I paid then looked at the charges once inside my vehicle. I can get the anti-biotic free at Publix. I just don't understand how someone can just charge me 30 dollars for a medication without even asking, "Sir, do you know that medication we are about to charge you 30 dollars is giving free at Publix, would you like us to write you a prescription or would you like to pay the 30 dollars?" I just don't get it. I just find this so unethical to the point I feel it should be illegal.

When you go to get your hair done or get your car fixed, does anyone ever tell you "This is how much it costs here, but it is much cheaper across the street, so why don't you go there instead?"

Like you said, they didn't force you to buy them, so why did you?

So are you pre-pharm or already a vet? Your dog didn't need the meds? How do you know?

And how do you know most vets are like that? Like what even? I hope you mean they are like anybody else: Wanting to make enough money to keep their veterinary practice (or whatever business they have) and enough to have a comfortable life.

I just read through a thread on the pharm forum. Many people said their debt is below $100 k. Try to find a veterinarian with that debt! Ours is most of the time much higher! How do you think they're gonna pay that off?!

I did not look at the price until I reached my car because I TRUSTED my Veterinarian and did not think he would attempt to price gouge me, boy was I wrong. You live and you learn. Before I went into the Veterinarians office today I trusted him and thought he actually cared about me and my animals. When I left I realized he could care less and only wants my money. You live and you learn, that is life. I did call them and requested that I want all future prescriptions given to me, I do not want to fill any medications at their office. They said they would make a note of it in my records.

I trust my doctor also that he will do his best to make me feel better when I am sick, because that is his job. But I still look at the bill before I pay, because it is not his job to walk me through everything. It is my job to make sure everything on the bill is right and ask questions.

It's not a matter of having the money or not having the money or "being on a tight budget". It's the fact that I was not advised that I was being giving a medication that could be purchased at the pharmacy next door for 75% less than the cost they were offering it at. I just don't appreciate being ripped off.

It would have been nice to have the common courtesy of being explained: "Sir, these medications are available at any local pharmacy and you do have the option to take a hard copy prescription to any pharmacy and get them filled, would you like to take the prescriptions or would you like to fill them through us?"
Is this too much to ask????

Again, you should be the one asking if you could get the med somewhere else. Vets need to make money just like everyone else. They are definitely not in the business for the money, because there is just too much debt to pay off first.

I found something on your thread on the pharm forum:

Not really. A prescription is more than the med. It's the bottle, the label, the printer, the software, the adjudication system, the techs, the pharmacist, the lights, the heat, the rent, the advertising, the maintenance....it's about $10/rx not inclusive of the price of the med itself. Now look at what you actually get paid per RX and see why margins are in the crapper.

Every time you pay for something at the vet's office, you don't just pay for that one thing. The bill also factors in the prices for everything else to make the clinic run. Otherwise it wouldn't be able to exist.

Also, have you ever paid at the doctor's office without insurance to cover most of the cost?!

I'm glad I touched many of you to the point of researching my pasts posts, if you would like to know anything else about me you can give me a call, I can tell you about the time I crapped myself in the 2nd grade. In the meantine I'm going to open a pharmacy based on the Veterinarian model. Charge 700% over what the med actually costs and don't tell the patient the cost of the medication !!!! Brilliant sales model !! Crooks

How do Vets get away with ripping off patients for their meds?? I just took my dog my vet who I've been going to for 10 years and he sends me away with 2 Medications, 80 dollars for both. I can get these both at Publix for 15.00. How can a business get away with charging basically whatever they want? And why don't Vets have a thing called morals, ethics, and a conscience? Why would he assume that cost is not an option for me and I don't have an issue with basically throwing my money in the garbage (his pocket). Are there any vets that aren't scumbags? Where can I find one who actually cares about me and not just stealing my money?

Everyone on this thread other than you, OP, has had something constructive to say. There isn't really much for me to add other than this:

scaled.php

+pity+

I don't even understand why you posted here. Just to complain? Do you run home crying to your mommy every time someone treats you unfair? The real world is not a place for sheltered kids. Grow up.

:troll:

I'm done. Hahaha. No point in arguing with someone who made up their mind about something already.

Everyone on this thread other than you, OP, has had something constructive to say. There isn't really much for me to add other than this:

scaled.php

+pity+

Life is all about learning and growing from your experiences. Today I learned a valuable experience. Veterinarians make money by price gouging and deceiving unknowing patients who don't think you can get the same exact medications for 75% less at a pharmacy. Today I learned that Veterinarians are rip off artists. I lived, I learned, and I will tell everyone I know with pets to beware of the almighty price gouging deceptive tactics of the veterinarian.

Life is all about learning and growing from your experiences. Today I learned a valuable experience. Veterinarians make money by price gouging and deceiving unknowing patients who don't think you can get the same exact medications for 75% less at a pharmacy. Today I learned that Veterinarians are rip off artists. I lived, I learned, and I will tell everyone I know with pets to beware of the almighty price gouging deceptive tactics of the veterinarian.

Why didn't you just return the meds?

I'm glad I touched many of you to the point of researching my pasts posts, if you would like to know anything else about me you can give me a call, I can tell you about the time I crapped myself in the 2nd grade. In the meantine I'm going to open a pharmacy based on the Veterinarian model. Charge 700% over what the med actually costs and don't tell the patient the cost of the medication !!!! Brilliant sales model !! Crooks

Pull your head out of your ass. Please. You're beginning to embarrass yourself.

today i learned that when i get into practice i'm going to have to make sure every single client has the wherewithal to actually READ their bill and have the comprehension to understand charges. today i learned i'm going to have to make sure that they know how to actually use their words to communicate effectively when they have a problem otherwise they're going to go home and cry about it on the internet. today i learned that even though people can go all the way through pharmacy school they still might not be a professional.

I'M going to tell everyone I know that pharmacists are nothing but idiotic unprofessional con artists themselves and all they do is sit on their stool behind a counter, ignore their pharmacy calls, and blow off their poor customers while the automated dispenser and pharmacy techs do all the work for them. not like you need a brain to count pills and read the computer prompts on a screen, RIGHT?? and i know all this because i know that every single pharmacist in the USA is JUST like this!!! i also know this because i'm a pharmacist!!

not too fun when someone comes along and sh*ts on your profession, is it?

If you mother, friend, or family member came into your Vet clinic and needed a prescription for Fluffy and you sold them a prescription for 30 dollars that you KNEW they could get free and another prescription for 50 dollars that your mother could get for 15, you would feel good about that? Really? You would do that one of your own?

Bro, get off your pulpit. Replace "veterinarians" with "Jews" and tell me who you sound like. This is some profession supremacy bull$**t.

You want to learn something? Open up your own pharmacy to a mostly uninsured clientele and sell at cost, offer relatively few other products (so none of the price-gouging non-pharmaceuticals at the CVS), try to support a staff, keep the lights on, and make enough money to get a woman who only wants to be financially secure (because I'm sure each of these are the "noble" goals of the pharmacist).

Come back to the thread when you've managed to do the above, then your rant will have some meaning.

Last edited:
today i learned that when i get into practice i'm going to have to make sure every single client has the wherewithal to actually READ their bill and have the comprehension to understand charges. today i learned i'm going to have to make sure that they know how to actually use their words to communicate effectively when they have a problem otherwise they're going to go home and cry about it on the internet. today i learned that even though people can go all the way through pharmacy school they still might not be a professional.

I'M going to tell everyone I know that pharmacists are nothing but idiotic unprofessional con artists themselves and all they do is sit on their stool behind a counter, ignore their pharmacy calls, and blow off their poor customers while the automated dispenser and pharmacy techs do all the work for them. not like you need a brain to count pills and read the computer prompts on a screen, RIGHT?? and i know all this because i know that every single pharmacist in the USA is JUST like this!!! i also know this because i'm a pharmacist!!

not too fun when someone comes along and sh*ts on your profession, is it?

Big difference between you and I::::: I would never sell someone 20 dollars worth of medication for 80 dollars because if I did, I would be arrested because that is theft.

If you mother, friend, or family member came into your Vet clinic and needed a prescription for Fluffy and you sold them a prescription for 30 dollars that you KNEW they could get free and another prescription for 50 dollars that your mother could get for 15, you would feel good about that? Really? You would do that one of your own?

why don't you answer what i asked you before? as a noble CVS drone i'm sure you know every single price of every single medication of every single other pharmacy in your area. if you saw someone come in to CVS to fill a prescription that you knew was cheaper somewhere else are you seriously going to turn them away? i mean, once you get off your stool to actually interact with them of course. don't forget about that triple S score now!

Big difference between you and I::::: I would never sell someone 20 dollars worth of medication for 80 dollars because if I did, I would be arrested because that is theft.

too bad that your argument doesn't work because you don't set the prices for your medications, do you? let's see you open a noble little practice on your own and give your prescriptions away for free. i'm sure you'll do great.

another big difference between you and i...i'm not a giant douchebag.

Bro, get off your pulpit. Replace "veterinarians" with "Jews" and tell me who you sound like. This is some profession supremacy bull$**t.

He said "Jews". We should stop this thread now before the ADL, ACLU, or AIPAC, detects an anti-semitic link between Heartgard, and Jews.

If at your store, some medicine costs $50, but across the street it costs $20, would YOU tell your mother it's cheaper over there? Would you tell a complete stranger?

He said "Jews". We should stop this thread now before the ADL, ACLU, or AIPAC, detects an anti-semitic link between Heartgard, and Jews.

We should stop this thread before someone makes a complete idiot of himself...

Crap, I'm about 40 posts too late!

too bad that your argument doesn't work because you don't set the prices for your medications, do you? let's see you open a noble little practice on your own and give your prescriptions away for free. i'm sure you'll do great.

another big difference between you and i...i'm not a giant douchebag.

Well if I did set my own drug prices I would establish a model similar to a Veterinarians:

Lets see:
Drug #1 Cost: 5 dollars x 700% = 35.00
Drug #2 Cost: 15 dollars x 500% = 75.00

Man, this is fun, I love the profit margin !!!!

Well if I did set my own drug prices I would establish a model similar to a Veterinarians:

Lets see:
Drug #1 Cost: 5 dollars x 700% = 35.00
Drug #2 Cost: 15 dollars x 500% = 75.00

Man, this is fun, I love the profit margin !!!!

man, i love when people come here to bitch yet won't answer a single question when asked!! i bet you're not even a real pharmacist

i'm done with you. good luck with your life of misery and inability to do simple things like read, ask a question, have a conversation....

If at your store, some medicine costs $50, but across the street it costs $20, would YOU tell your mother it's cheaper over there? Would you tell a complete stranger?

You better believe I tell patients who are paying 25/pill for a Cialis or Viagra that they can get Levitra for 9/pill at Walmart. And if their medication is really expensive I am going to offer them our generic plan where they can get a 90 day supply for 11.99. I am going to do everything in my power to ensure a patient is happy with their experience and get the best price possible. If someone doesn't have insurance I put in a discount card and take off sometimes 30-50% of the medication cost because that is the kind of person I am. Times are tough the economy is in the crapper, I'm going to help people out anyway I can, not price gouge them.

And I keep copies of what meds are covered under Publix's FREE antibiotic meds. If someone can't afford it I tell them they can get it for free there.

I am going to do everything in my power to ensure a patient is happy with their experience and get the best price possible. If someone doesn't have insurance I put in a discount card and take off sometimes 30-50% of the medication cost because that is the kind of person I am. Times are tough the economy is in the crapper, I'm going to help people out anyway I can, not price gouge them.

hmm....so if someone doesn't have insurance you give them a 50% discount, yet we're the thieves for setting a price that any client with a brain can question and politely reject. sorry to break it to you but i'm pretty sure the corporation you work for would consider your egregious use of a discount as 'theft'

aka 'kind of person you are' = thief

You are right, the economy sucks. Which means the price for having your own store might be very high because other people are trying to make money off of you renting the space. How are you gonna pay for stuff if you're always gonna make it cheap. How do you decide who to give it cheaper to? What if a rich person comes in wearing dirty and broken clothes and claims to be poor, would you give them a discount?

You are terrible at this thing called conversation. Avoiding questions because you're scared of looking stupid (well.. too late already) is not how it works.

i didn't read most of this thread just skimmed it did you say you gave your dog viagra?

client went to vet. client too stupid or illiterate to read bill/question charges prior to payment. client mad and decides to bitch on internet about entire profession. end.

Do you work on commission??

Status
Not open for further replies.