You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
concern regarding suspension due to academic dishonesty
Started by jjj000111
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Is this really that confusing?Hi All,
I am applying to Pharm D program this year and I have a serious concern regarding my suspension during my junior year at university. Here is what happened.
In biology class, we had a weekly quiz in discussion section held by TA.
During the quiz, I first copied the answer from someone sitting next to me, but as I copied down his answer, I kind of got an idea how to solve the problem, so I erased the answer and solved on my own.
But, TA recognized my erased answer and reported me to Dean.
As a result, I was under suspension for 2 quarters.
The record of suspension is not shown on my official transcript, however it is the dean's office(?) or conduct history file.
Here is my stat.
My overall GPA is around 3.1-3.2 (pharmCAS didnt calculate my GPA yet).
Science GPA not so good.......
Biochem degree
I graduated from top 20 university in USA.
working experience at pharmacy for 1 year
no other experience. no volunteer..
In pharmCAS, there is a question asking if you are involved in academic dishonesty, suspension..
should I answer the truth?
or should I skip it since it is not shown on the official transcript anyway???
If my stats are above average, I would answer honestly.
But sine my stats are average or below, I am not sure if I have to answer honestly..
Yes; answer honestly.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi All,
I am applying to Pharm D program this year and I have a serious concern regarding my suspension during my junior year at university. Here is what happened.
In biology class, we had a weekly quiz in discussion section held by TA.
During the quiz, I first copied the answer from someone sitting next to me, but as I copied down his answer, I kind of got an idea how to solve the problem, so I erased the answer and solved on my own.
But, TA recognized my erased answer and reported me to Dean.
As a result, I was on the suspension for 2 quarters.
The record of suspension is not shown on my official transcript, however it is the dean's office(?) or conduct history file.
Here is my stat.
My overall GPA is around 3.1-3.2 (pharmCAS didnt calculate my GPA yet).
Science GPA not so good.......
Biochem degree
I graduated from top 20 university in USA.
working experience at pharmacy for 1 year
no other experience. no volunteer..
In pharmCAS, there is a question asking if you are involved in academic dishonesty, suspension..
should I answer the truth?
or should I skip it since it is not shown on the official transcript anyway???
If my stats are above average, I would answer honestly.
But sine my stats are average or below, I am not sure if I have to answer honestly..
I don't think your stats are below average. It sounds like a lot of people get into numerous pharmacy schools nowadays with around a 3.0. You should be in great shape since you also have pharmacy exp and from top 20 USA univ 🙂
jjj000111,
Answer the question truthfully and be prepared to show how you learned from this experience. I will send you a PM later today with details.
yes! please PM me with details 🙂
So basically if you never erased your answer (aka chickening out) you wouldn't have gotten caught?
Even if I didn't erase my answer, I would have gotten caught because my answer would be same as his answer then.
Sooooo, I guess the moral is, next time don't erase, just scribble over?
Even if I didn't erase my answer, I would have gotten caught because my answer would be same as his answer then.
But how would they know who copied who?
But how would they know who copied who?
What TA reported to dean was, he saw me rolling my eyes.
What TA reported to dean was, he saw me rolling my eyes.
wait, so you erased your answer and had a new one, there is also no concrete evidence that you cheated, why didn't you fight it?
but to answer your question, just report it, you don't want to get your admission pulled if they found out somehow
What TA reported to dean was, he saw me rolling my eyes.
So why didn't you mention that in the OP? You specifically said he saw traces of what you erased.
I personally wouldn't report it but since you posted your situation here on SDN you almost HAVE to report it because you put it out there. Admins do surf this forum in their spare time because they spend 90% of the time not doing their job.
I personally wouldn't report it but since you posted your situation here on SDN you almost HAVE to report it because you put it out there. Admins do surf this forum in their spare time because they spend 90% of the time not doing their job.
Be fair...it's more like 50%.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 748
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K