Concern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phr

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick concern:

I ve already been accepted to a few medical schools. However I realized that I had left out a single course that I had taken the summer after my sophomore year at a community college just to transfer credit to my undergraduate institution. It was a business course and I did receive an A in the course. Nevertheless, I wasnt trying to hide anything , I just completely forgot about this class.
What action should I take? Is this grounds for them to revoke acceptances? or can it be remedied? Should i bother notifying the school?

Members don't see this ad.

phr said:
Quick concern:

I ve already been accepted to a few medical schools. However I realized that I had left out a single course that I had taken the summer after my sophomore year at a community college just to transfer credit to my undergraduate institution. It was a business course and I did receive an A in the course. Nevertheless, I wasnt trying to hide anything , I just completely forgot about this class.
What action should I take? Is this grounds for them to revoke acceptances? or can it be remedied? Should i bother notifying the school?

It can definitely be remedied, and you will definitely need to notify the school you plan to attend in some fashion that this was somehow accidently left out. One thought- Does the school you have been accepted to and plan to attend require you to send transcripts before starting? If so, the easiest thing would be to send all your transcripts (including this one) over right away, and then do a quick casual follow up call to the dean of adm. making sure they got them all and say you just wanted to highlight this one course which you think might not have made it onto AMCAS. Other options of course are just to call them, email them, or randomly forwarding that one transcript so they have it on file, etc.

phr said:
In addition to this, i did send the community college transcript to the school anyway after being accepted along with my undergad transcript. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Okay - I didn't see your following post. In that case just call up the Dean casually to make sure they got the transcripts and to highlight this one course that you are not sure made it into the AMCAS listing. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
I highly doubt it- it was an honest mistake and its clear you wouldn't want to hide a course you got an A in. I mean it improves your GPA (ever so slightly but still). Since the corrected transcript has already been sent, I would fax a letter of explanation to the schools explaining your error right away and I think it would be fine. They probably wouldn't notice the discrepancy anyway but its best to let them know.

Like the other posters have said, you should be fine. Just write a little note explaining how you forgot about that one grade.

So don't worry :)

I agree with the others. You have nothing to be afraid of. Just explain what happened.... they really won't care.