Concerned about my interview, what do you think?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iamdentist

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's up forum,
I have an interview next month, but im kinda concerned. My name is kinda hard to prounounce. people freeze when they are trying to read my name sometimes, or they pronounce it wrong.
-Should i ignore that matter, and it may benefit me cuz my hard-to-pronounce name will make me stand out ?:D
- should i find a nickname and tell the interviewer that "my name is .... but you can call me ...."
-Or should i say, my name is .... but my friends call me CJ (first initials of my first and middle name)"

Thanks for the input.

Members don't see this ad.

What's up forum,
I have an interview next month, but im kinda concerned. My name is kinda hard to prounounce. people freeze when they are trying to read my name sometimes, or they pronounce it wrong.
-Should i ignore that matter, and it may benefit me cuz my hard-to-pronounce name will make me stand out ?:D
- should i find a nickname and tell the interviewer that "my name is .... but you can call me ...."
-Or should i say, my name is .... but my friends call me CJ (first initials of my first and middle name)"

Thanks for the input.

i think the last one is the best, but instead of saying "my friends call me CJ", try to make a joke out of it, and get them to refer to you as "CJ"

i also have a hard to pronounce, unique first name. i would say go by your full name, and say your name clearly when introducing yourself to help the interviewer out (they don't want to struggle through it and mispronounce it either) or correct them the first time they say it. if someone doesn't catch on after i have corrected them once, i usually just let it go and have them pronounce it however they want. i think it is definitely an asset to have a unique name. people usually remark something about the name and where it comes from, and it sticks in their mind more than a mike or jessica would. no offense to those names or any other more common names ;)