Concerned about passing neuro boards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tkhan1031

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello
Was hoping for some guidance about neurology boards.
I've been studying quite a bit my resources are
Cheng ching neurology question book
Board vitals
Mayo clinic review series
Laughing your way to passing the neuro boards

Despite this , I'm not scoring well on board vitals or Cheng ching (think avg<70%) and am very anxious about passing. I did ok on most recent RITE >70%
Can anyone share their past experience as to how they were doing objectively with these qbanks and whether they passed or not.
I am so tempted to just delay my boards by a year but am being told thats a bad idea.
Those who have already taken the boards I'd really appreciate your thoughts! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

The anxiety is normal. I was almost paralyzed with anxiety in the weeks/months leading up to it. No one in my program had failed it and I was convinced I would be the first to and have my portrait in the "Hall of Fame".

I think there was a paper that correlated a >70 percentile on the RITE pretty highly with passing the ABPN board.

Scoring that on Cheng-Ching is normal. It's pretty heavy on minutiae if I remember correctly. Remember the point of these questions isn't so much to test your knowledge (although it does do that) it's also for you to study/learn when you get something wrong.

FWIW I also thought the AAN self assessments were pretty good, too.

The anxiety is normal. I was almost paralyzed with anxiety in the weeks/months leading up to it. No one in my program had failed it and I was convinced I would be the first to and have my portrait in the "Hall of Fame".

I think there was a paper that correlated a >70 percentile on the RITE pretty highly with passing the ABPN board.

Scoring that on Cheng-Ching is normal. It's pretty heavy on minutiae if I remember correctly. Remember the point of these questions isn't so much to test your knowledge (although it does do that) it's also for you to study/learn when you get something wrong.

FWIW I also thought the AAN self assessments were pretty good, too.

Thanks for the input. I feel like I am also psyching myself out and letting nerves get to me and its making me miss obvious stuff not sure how to handle that.

How much did you study for it and if you don't mind me asking how were you scoring on the qbanks beforehand?