concerned predent

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tygerm9

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I posted my grades a couple days ago and i'm very happy with the results (right at 20), however, when i was looking at predents.com i became a little concerned. I was looking at the average DAT score of the people listed in the accepted section and most of the schools have average DAT scores around 21!? What is going on? It lists the schools actual average DAT scores above and as most people know they are all somewhere around 17-19. Is it just that the SDN community has extremely high scores, or are people lying about their scores, or what? It just concerned me because i feel like my scores are good, but they hardly even compare to the averages of the SDN community. Any thoughts on this?

Members don't see this ad.

Tygerm9 said:
I posted my grades a couple days ago and i'm very happy with the results (right at 20), however, when i was looking at predents.com i became a little concerned. I was looking at the average DAT score of the people listed in the accepted section and most of the schools have average DAT scores around 21!? What is going on? It lists the schools actual average DAT scores above and as most people know they are all somewhere around 17-19. Is it just that the SDN community has extremely high scores, or are people lying about their scores, or what? It just concerned me because i feel like my scores are good, but they hardly even compare to the averages of the SDN community. Any thoughts on this?

Not everyone posts their scores. Only people who are happy with their scores (20+) usually post them. The others are usually hesitant to post their lower scores on a public website. Don't assume that just because the majority of those who post their high scores represent the entire applicant pool. There are many others out there with lower scores that choose not to reveal their scores. The average scores that schools post on their websites are probably more accurate than the ones on predents.com :)