Concerns about having fulfilled physics coursework requirement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

viralhiker

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was able to graduate with my undergraduate degree having taken only 6 credits of physics + 2 credits of physics lab. Freshman year I took a calc-based engineering physics class and after bombing exam 1 I realized I didn't want to be an engineer anymore. My department offered students who bombed to move down into a 2 credit half-semester physics newtonian/kinematics physics class to finish the semester with an A-.

The next year I took the Physics II for "life-science majors" and got a B in the class. I got As in the two 1-credit lab classes. My department felt that I fulfilled their "1 year physics" requirement and allowed me to graduate with 6 credits of classwork and 2 credits of lab.

I am realizing now that many schools require "8 credits of physics". I am in a bit of a panic because I am afraid of automatically being screened from these schools. Some more context: I have 4 credits of astronomy (in physics department) also from this uni, and I scored a 131 on C/P on the MCAT.

Do you all think I need to adjust my school lists, reach out to schools, etc? Looking for any advice. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user