Coney Island Hospital Traditional Internship

Started by gaat99
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gaat99

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anyone provide me any recent information on what the traditional rotating internship is like at Coney Island Hospital. Had to scramble after the SOAP and just wanted to know before I signed any contract.
 
I heard you get free hot dogs and roller coaster rides daily.....sorry couldn't resist but on a serious note, would you not sign based on input from SDN?
 
Can anyone provide me any recent information on what the traditional rotating internship is like at Coney Island Hospital. Had to scramble after the SOAP and just wanted to know before I signed any contract.

I did much of my 4th year rotations there (in 2011-2012) in GI, Neuro, Med Sub-I, Heme/Onc, and Peds ER so I can give you what input I have. Most of the residents, if not all, are FMGs with some IMGs. However, they are very knowledgable and for the most part easy to work with. They work residents and students pretty hard at Coney Island with long hours and scut work but I think your training may benefit from it. Many of the attendings are great in that they like to teach. It's pretty much what you would expect out of a busy community hospital program.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Curiosly, with all the bashing, they have 97% ABIM pass rate. This is the second highest rate in New York, rivaled only by Interface Hospital's 99%.