CONFESS here.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
On that note, I really hope my boyfriend and I get married. I don't wanna be Dr. L$&"!37-@:!@/&/"'en
So glad I got the English last name. When one of my relatives re-married to another German (there's lots of them in MN) she got stuck with Moldenhauer. :laugh:

Okay, ok, you called me out. Lets just say if Diet Coke was alcohol my friends would require I undergo counseling.
+1
I don't want to think about how many I drank yesterday.

Members don't see this ad.

- I've recently become addicted to a certain salad: spinach, feta cheese crumbles, and dried cranberries. SOOO good.

- I must always always have a chapstick with me. I think I actually have 4 in my purse right now. I got this addiction from my mom.

- I love Morningstar chicken nuggets.

- Everything Harry Potter. I have 2 wands, one that lights up when you wave it (from Barnes & Noble) and one from the theme park in Orlando, which I have been to twice.

- Books. I buy too many books. I'm trying to go to the library more this year to save money, because if I go to Barnes & Noble I can easily find $60 worth of books that I want right now.

- Chai lattes, hot or iced. Both are good.

Members don't see this ad :)
I must admit that I LOVE FAMILY GUY. Seriously, I feel bad for my future classmates because I randomly quote it all the time.
"But I don't want to feed grandma bacon while she's in the bathtub."
For all my German buds:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCfehiAYLIs[/YOUTUBE]

Wow. I understand now. Mine is nice. I like it. :)

I must admit that I LOVE FAMILY GUY. Seriously, I feel bad for my future classmates because I randomly quote it all the time.
"But I don't want to feed grandma bacon while she's in the bathtub."
"Oh that's right ponies need food..."

I used to love Family Guy but it's not as great as it used to be. I still watch it out of some sort of loyality though. Do you watch American Dad? I LOVE American Dad. It's sad how many times I've watched all the episodes. I can't fall asleep without noise so for the last two weeks I've been putting American Dad on autoplay before bed. Roger is my favorite.

My last name isn't German. I don't know what it is, but it's frickin' awesome.:cool:

Wagner. Nothing special, but not terrible either.

Members don't see this ad :)
1. Diet Coke - my bf and I actually get in fights about how much I drink!
2. Grey's Anatomy - with subtitles on. I love the medical words!
3. Harry Potter - especially all things Slytherin and Voldemort.
4. Cuddlefish - I am always google image searching for new pictures of cute ones
5. And probably the biggest one of all next to the Diet Coke - The Lion King (esp all things Scar)

I LOVE my last name too; it makes me not want to change it when/if I get married.

I would reveal it here but I do like to keep some anonymity.

If I meet anyone with my last name they are related to me. The only people with my last name are the ones that are related to me.

I LOVE my last name too; it makes me not want to change it when/if I get married.

I'm not changing my last name if I get married. I told my boyfriend that and he said "what a d**k" :smuggrin:

Snape. In the books and movies (love for Alan Rickman)

And occaisionally fan fiction in multiple categories, but you gotta be careful with HP fics... those people have some weird ideas and pairings (See: Draco in leather pants etc..)

Some of the most entertaining things I've read have been fanfic, in many a fandom.

Well go ahead then- rub it in. let's hear 'em.

Whatever, I beat ALL of you. My last name is "Fuchs." Which, if you don't know the German pronunciation, gets to be really amusing. Especially when telemarketers call. Or at horse shows when they announce my name.

Also, my apologies to everyone downloading stupid iPhone games. I'm a bad influence!

Whatever, I beat ALL of you. My last name is "Fuchs." Which, if you don't know the German pronunciation, gets to be really amusing. Especially when telemarketers call. Or at horse shows when they announce my name.

Also, my apologies to everyone downloading stupid iPhone games. I'm a bad influence!

I knew a boy with that last name when I was in middle school. Yep, almost everyone said it wrong..

I like that name, but I can understand the trouble. hahaha

The first time I encountered that name was at a vet clinic. All of us were trying to figure out how to pronounce it.

... i have been looking at wedding dresses for like 6 mo now... and thinking about center pieces, and venues, and what type of food i want to serve (Indian is at the top of my list!)

..bleh, but i will probably get hitched in a courthouse ... then 3 years later we will have ceremony (in other words, like 5 years from now my plans will be used)

oh, my last name is a common 4 letter word... I will be happy to change it... its not cute, cool, or unique...

my SOs last name is german and a little unpleasant on the ears (i think)... not particularly thrilled but will make do.

For future reference, how DO you pronounce it?! :)

My maiden name...pretty much everyone who shared it was related to me somehow. Found some previously-unknown relatives because of it! My married name...welcome to anonymity. :) My husband loved it when his high school students were all, "Mr. Berry! I found you on facebook!" and he was all, "No you didn't. I'm not ON Facebook! :p" Also, I now share names with the actress in Evil Dead 2. Sweeeeet :)

For future reference, how DO you pronounce it?! :)

My maiden name...pretty much everyone who shared it was related to me somehow. Found some previously-unknown relatives because of it! My married name...welcome to anonymity. :) My husband loved it when his high school students were all, "Mr. Berry! I found you on facebook!" and he was all, "No you didn't. I'm not ON Facebook! :p" Also, I now share names with the actress in Evil Dead 2. Sweeeeet :)

With a long u sound, not a short u;) So, like f-you-cks

Yeah, I have no anonymity here. My last name is Johnston, which is only slightly more common than my maiden name. The only super freaking annoying thing about my last name is that everyone leaves out the "T".

And yeah... now addicted to Dream Zoo :p

So glad I got the English last name. When one of my relatives re-married to another German (there's lots of them in MN) she got stuck with Moldenhauer. :laugh:

+1
I don't want to think about how many I drank yesterday.

Yeah, that's a mouthful.

Moldenhauer comes with the great nickname "Moldy" though. I pity the theoretical kids.

Haha mine is Meidenbauer. I read that and giggled to myself. I learned half the alphabet ahead of the class in Kindergarden because we learned how to write out names first!

I would reveal it here but I do like to keep some anonymity.

If I meet anyone with my last name they are related to me. The only people with my last name are the ones that are related to me.

And same here! I'd say the majority of the Meidenbauer's you run into are directly related to me. I found a few stragglers in Germany who aren't. But who knows... they may be from forever ago!

Wagner. Nothing special, but not terrible either.

I'm a Wagner, too. Pretty much proclaims my German ancestry. I have a ridiculously common first and middle name. :( My boyfriend's is rather unique, but I am not changing my name when/if we marry, so oh well.

What's your bf's if you don't mind me asking? I was thinking about keeping mine, too, but idk yet. And I still have time to decide.

My last name is pretty freaking awesome. I'll refrain from posting it cuz I'm probably one of very few people with it. But I will say that if you are friends with me on Facebook, break it up into small words :)

Seriously, eff this zoo game. I need more cash so I can get a cheetah!

My not so secret addiction is oreo/cookies and cream milk shakes. Particularly Chick'fil'a's, but Cookout rocks my socks off to. And corn dogs, but I blame that current crave on rampaging hormones.....

On the last name topic. My maiden name was worth dropping, Bennett isn't exactly unique or anything. My married name rocks, and thankfully also starts with Be, so it was super easy to switch. Unfortunately, my IT husband would kill me for posting it here, so I can't even share. I'm totally jealous of my mom's maiden name, which is a Shepard, but spelled so oddly that if I told you, you could find all three of the people who still use it in about 10 seconds flat. Sadly, all of her siblings are female, so the spelling will die out, and we have yet to find anyone else with it. :(

My last name is very Italian (I'm 3rd gen on both sides), and was always pronounced at least close to correctly on the east coast. It has a double l in it though so out here in CA where there's less Italian and more Hispanic, the double l is almost always pronounced as "y."

I've made cookie dough just to eat it and had no intention of baking it. I'm also seriously addicted to international travel (especially to Africa :love:) but I'm trapped in the U.S. until graduation... :(

As far as last names -- mine's super short and isn't that common, at least as far as I'm aware. I'm definitely attached to it.
The Lion King (esp all things Scar)
:thumbup: My all-time favorite animated Disney movie! I still have all of my old stuff. And my mom made me a wall hanging out of one of the Subway lunch box panels for Christmas last year :laugh:

Haha mine is Meidenbauer. I read that and giggled to myself. I learned half the alphabet ahead of the class in Kindergarden because we learned how to write

Yep, same here. I end up telling that story about 3 times a week, usually to cashiers at Wegmans or Target.

I love my mom's maiden name too- Quarrie. Welsh, unique, and simple-ish.

PS. Anonymity is overrated. Now you'll all know me when I'm famous! (For what, I'm not sure yet...)

And, yeah. Every Lungershausen in N. America is a relative of mine too.

I've made cookie dough just to eat it and had no intention of baking it.

You make it sound like there's something wrong with that!
I make giant batches. Eat some, freeze some. Every once in a while will bake a dozen or so, but most of those get passed out to friends while I continue to pig out on the heavenly stuff.

(If you roll the cookie dough flat in big ziplock bags, it makes it super easy to break off a chunk when its frozen ;) )

If I married my boyfriend I would go from Jones to Wright-Hoyt. Who wants a hyphenated last name? What do I do with that?!

(If you roll the cookie dough flat in big ziplock bags, it makes it super easy to break off a chunk when its frozen ;) )
Ooh. Thanks for the tip -- I'll have to do that the next time I make a batch! :nod:

If I married my boyfriend I would go from Jones to Wright-Hoyt. Who wants a hyphenated last name? What do I do with that?!

Hmmmm... can't you just pick one?!?! I like Jones best. Stick with that for when you practice. BTW i know a few female Dr.s who've chosen to stick with their maiden names.
Pelesz (maiden) vs. Chan (She's caucasian) and Ashton (maiden) vs. Schieder. Both no brainers.

My last name is very Italian (I'm 3rd gen on both sides), and was always pronounced at least close to correctly on the east coast. It has a double l in it though so out here in CA where there's less Italian and more Hispanic, the double l is almost always pronounced as "y."

Actually, I thought it was Italian!! I don't assume everyone in California is Hispanic lol.

Someone actually told me I must Jewish bc of my last name. Fools (nothing against Jewish folks, just that my last name isnt like Feldman or such)

My addictions:
1.) Birthday cake oreos. Amazing. and bluebell ice cream.
2.) Foodgawker.com, jigidi.com, and icanhascheezburger.com
3.) Singing loudly alone at home or in the car.
4.) At 23 years old I still love watching nickelodeon and Disney channel
4.) I have a new addiction to TurboFire.. its an awesome workout.

Also, I think I'm at least 1/2 German. My dad was adopted and was given the last name Dimick, but his real parents were named Crouse. The other 1/2 of me is Mexican/Spanish. My boyfriend is Hispanics too and I love his name, Obregon.