Conflict of Interview Dates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

perfektspace

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I could use some input. I have accepted an invitation to interview at a program (at the low end of my list) and 1 week later was offered to interview at another program (one of my top choices).

I am going to contact the less interesting program (to me) and basically tell them the situation and that I am sorry I won't be able to make it. Am I handling this correctly? How do others deal with this?

RayneeDeigh

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I could use some input. I have accepted an invitation to interview at a program (at the low end of my list) and 1 week later was offered to interview at another program (one of my top choices).

I am going to contact the less interesting program (to me) and basically tell them the situation and that I am sorry I won't be able to make it. Am I handling this correctly? How do others deal with this?

I would call and say that something has come up and you're no longer available for that day, so you'd like to reschedule or set up a phone interview if at all possible.

I wouldn't burn a bridge until you have to...