Conflicted...Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fliblu39

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I ultimately want to go into a career where I can help people with their health and I know that going into the science is the best thing to do. I don't know whether I should go into nursing or medical school. I have been dismissed from NYU my sophomore year due to academic failure and I know that nursing schools are more forgiving in terms of the academic past. Are medical schools the same? Or would they definitely take that into account too?
I don't want to give up on a dream that I've had for so long. I am currently now attending a community college with a 4.0 GPA and am in the Honors Society and it has been two years since my dismissal. Please give me advice! I know it's ultimately my decision but I just want feedback. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Neither is out of reach for you. You just need to continue to excel at whatever classes you take.

Nursing school and medical school are vastly different and pre-reqs to get into either are vastly different. One thing you could do is shadow nurses, PA's, and physicians to see what area you like more.

Don't give up. Keep up the good work!

I ultimately want to go into a career where I can help people with their health and I know that going into the science is the best thing to do. I don't know whether I should go into nursing or medical school. I have been dismissed from NYU my sophomore year due to academic failure and I know that nursing schools are more forgiving in terms of the academic past. Are medical schools the same? Or would they definitely take that into account too?
I don't want to give up on a dream that I've had for so long. I am currently now attending a community college with a 4.0 GPA and am in the Honors Society and it has been two years since my dismissal. Please give me advice! I know it's ultimately my decision but I just want feedback. Thank you!
Depends on you. The dismissal will hurt you, but if you can show how you overcame such and can meet all of the requirements you might have a chance. You will find DO grade forgiveness helpful if your GPA is low and depending on your GPA you might find MD is out of reach.

Best of luck

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user