Confused about PT School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

foreverbuff

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am from Colorado but moved to Arizona to work before school. I applied to 7 schools and have been accepted to 4 so far. I only applied to schools that I felt I had a good chance of getting into and not the schools with programs I liked and I really wanted to attend. I didn't think I could get into the schools in Colorado so I didn't even apply and I really regret it.

My dilemma is that I am uncomfortable where the schools are that I was accepted to and would really like to go home and try to get into the schools in my home state. So my question that I would like help with is: Do I take the sure thing and go to one of the schools I got into (even though I don't know if I would be happy there) or do I try again next year and apply to the schools I really want to go to and hope that I get in?

Any advice is really appreciated! Thanks so much!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

It would be nice to be able to go to school near where youre from and all, but personally, I was just ready to get on with my career and get school over with.

This is just my opinion, but I would choose a school that is as cheap as possible while still maintaining a decent reputation in the academic community.

Most workplaces will not look at your grades, and many dont even care where you went to school, as long as you got a legit degree from an accredited school.

Its three years that will go by quickly, and you'll likely remain busy enough to not notice how far away from home you are. In fact, I consider it a good thing that I moved away for school. If I was in my hometown, I'd likely be so damn distracted that Id fail right out haha

I am from Colorado but moved to Arizona to work before school. I applied to 7 schools and have been accepted to 4 so far. I only applied to schools that I felt I had a good chance of getting into and not the schools with programs I liked and I really wanted to attend. I didn't think I could get into the schools in Colorado so I didn't even apply and I really regret it.

My dilemma is that I am uncomfortable where the schools are that I was accepted to and would really like to go home and try to get into the schools in my home state. So my question that I would like help with is: Do I take the sure thing and go to one of the schools I got into (even though I don't know if I would be happy there) or do I try again next year and apply to the schools I really want to go to and hope that I get in?

Any advice is really appreciated! Thanks so much!! :)

If you're a strong candidate and would likely get in anywhere, then go where you'll be happy. If you got into the 4 schools you mentioned by the skin of your teeth, then you might want to stick with the sure thing.

you mention that you're from Colorado - i just read a post on here from someone saying that the Denver school (and maybe others in colorado??) require that the pre-req's be taken at a 4 year institution....

- i dont know where you got your pre-req's from, but you might want to make sure that all your stuff transfers to the college you want to go to in colorado (if you do intend to apply there) BEFORE you decline one of the offers you have already received

does that make sense? - i think i just confused myself :)