Quantcast

Confused about scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc7448

Reaction score
I just took my DAT today. Here's my breakdown

Perceptual Ability 21 92.2%​
Quantitative Reasoning 19 84.9%
Reading Comprehension 21 84.5% (I got the piano passage)
Biology 21 91.7%
Gen Chem 19 73%
Ochem 15 29% :confused:
TS 18 63.8%
AA 19 77.2%

I'm definitely not a stellar ochem student, but I was getting 19s on all my topscore tests so I figured I'd at least be able to pull off a 17 on the real deal. My question is, will this score greatly affect my chances of getting in anywhere this year? Should I still apply but do a retake in october?

alanan84

D1
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Best advice is to just call up the schools you've applied to and ask.

Can you go into a little more detail as to how you prepared for Ochem? What you used and stuff like that...

fldnstrm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A lot of schools have cutoffs and I would say a 15 in Ochem looks worse than a 15 in QR. Call schools to get an idea, but you might have to retake.

dasubline

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
man..tough luck.. did you feel that the o-chem section was much harder than topscores??? What material did you use for o-chem???

sfrice80

Blood, Sweat, and Beers
Reaction score
I think a 15 in any science section hurts pretty bad. You might be okay for a state school but thats going to be hard to swing in private and OOS schools. I guess it depends on your gpa. I would most definitely call the schools and apply smart, dont waste money if they wont take it, nothing is worse then spending $200 on a school just to get a rejection email soon afterwards. Good Luck!