Jun 1, 2009
Status
  1. Pre-Dental
I just took my DAT today. Here's my breakdown

Perceptual Ability 21 92.2%​
Quantitative Reasoning 19 84.9%
Reading Comprehension 21 84.5% (I got the piano passage)
Biology 21 91.7%
Gen Chem 19 73%
Ochem 15 29% :confused:
TS 18 63.8%
AA 19 77.2%

I'm definitely not a stellar ochem student, but I was getting 19s on all my topscore tests so I figured I'd at least be able to pull off a 17 on the real deal. My question is, will this score greatly affect my chances of getting in anywhere this year? Should I still apply but do a retake in october?

alanan84

D1
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2008
Status
  1. Dental Student
Best advice is to just call up the schools you've applied to and ask.

Can you go into a little more detail as to how you prepared for Ochem? What you used and stuff like that...

fldnstrm

5+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2009
NY,NY
Status
  1. Dental Student
A lot of schools have cutoffs and I would say a 15 in Ochem looks worse than a 15 in QR. Call schools to get an idea, but you might have to retake.

About the Ads

dasubline

10+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2008
Status
  1. Pre-Dental
man..tough luck.. did you feel that the o-chem section was much harder than topscores??? What material did you use for o-chem???

sfrice80

Blood, Sweat, and Beers
Jun 11, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
Status
  1. Dental Student
I think a 15 in any science section hurts pretty bad. You might be okay for a state school but thats going to be hard to swing in private and OOS schools. I guess it depends on your gpa. I would most definitely call the schools and apply smart, dont waste money if they wont take it, nothing is worse then spending $200 on a school just to get a rejection email soon afterwards. Good Luck!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads