Confused Veteran: UMUC for my B.S.???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Nelle730

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello-

I have been reading many threads here but I really need some help. I am a USAF veteran using my education benefits and medical school is my end goal. I am also a single mother with a full time job so attending a brick and mortar university is a little difficult for me. I currently have a 3.79 GPA and my major is a B.S. in Psychology with a minor in Biology at UMUC. I was a former nursing student in 2010 at a community college, so some of my prereqs are completed.

My question is will I be ok with my B.S. from UMUC if I complete my prereqs at a brick and mortar? Does anyone know if UMUC a reputable school while applying for medical school? Or should I transfer and try another University like University of Baltimore? Should I just complete all of my prereqs again, seeing as they are from a community college and a little bit older? Any suggestions you can give me will be of grave assistance.
 
Last edited: