1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Confused

Discussion in 'Pre-Podiatry Students' started by gsp29, Jul 27, 2011.

1. gsp29

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I have been following this forum for quite a while now, but just recently decided to join and post a thread pertaining to gathering information as a prospective podiatry student. I guess my confusion spawns from the fact that I only received one reply from an individual that thankfully is geared towards helping future applicants/students like myself. I thought these forums, especially the ones entitled "pre-podiatry" would focus more on helping future students then spending the majority of time responding to posts that in my opinion do not relate to anything of importance, i.e. the rankings thread that currently has 25 replies. I know this may seem hypocritical being that I too am writing what many of you will believe to be a pointless thread, but I'm doing so for all the other other followers that rely on this site to provide helpful information, as opposed to pointless banter.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. javajava

7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    True... but usually all the persons questions are usually answered in one post and thus doesnt require any further discussion in my experience. As well the search function is a great tool as well because there are only so many questions that pre pods can ask and practically all of them over the course of many years has been answered already.

You shouldn't expect replies, this is a volunteer service on part of the attendings and residents. As well, this isnt a popular subforum, there are only a dozen people on this sub forum, so that could also be a factor in the slow and few responses

4. MaxillofacialMN

MaxillofacialMN Osteopathic Foot Dentist
    7+ Year Member

Podiatry Student
    And no one else will post here because that ^^^ sums everything up.

5. Iamyourfaja

Podiatry Student
    When I was a prospective student I found his forum to be extremely helpful. All of my questions were either answered directly by students and attendings, or by sorting through older posts. If you have Q's, search through the forum. If you can't find the answer then post a question. I would argue that this forum can be a helpful and valuable source for prospective students, just like it was for me.

6. hematosis

hematosis Slappin Da Bass
    7+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Hi GSP
    Sorry you had a bad experience on the pod forum. If you have any questions please pm me and I would be more than happy to address them for you

cheers

7. RATM2010

Podiatry Student
    What exactly was your question that made you confused?

8. gsp29

My confusion didn't arise from any particular question, I was just making an observation.

9. DrGonz

DrGonz Student
    7+ Year Member

Podiatry Student
    This is how it is in every thread, be it pre-med/md/do..etc.. everyone argues about school rankings, about who is right/wrong.. But what u must look for is that w/in those arguments there are always a few people who give reasonable advice, even if we go on our rants sometimes. And just to put it out there, i agree that the ranking thread is getting out of hand.

If you have any questions.. feel free to PM me!

10. 347932

Attending Physician
    Awwww, we're just having a little fun at the expense of a ridiculous troll. It is getting a bit back on track, though.

11. emericana

Podiatry Student
    seriously tho temple is the best school

12. 347932

Attending Physician
    Well, I'd have to agree with that statement;).

13. DrGonz

DrGonz Student
    7+ Year Member

Podiatry Student

you would... :cool: haha.... nycpm

14. MaxillofacialMN

MaxillofacialMN Osteopathic Foot Dentist
    7+ Year Member

Podiatry Student

:laugh::laugh: