Confused about timeline..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amar314

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking the MCAT in late April, do I still have a chance to apply and be accepted for Fall 2017 or do I have to apply next cycle to start Fall 18?

Members don't see this ad.

well that means you wont get your scores until late may. School starts in August. Technically you can still fill out applications until the end of June I believe for fall 2017. Do you have a chance if you do well enough and apply to the bigger schools? yeah there is a chance albeit probably a small chance. There are usually people that drop out last second and even some of the bigger schools still looking to fill their seats. I had inquired as late as June of this year at western university and they said that they still had seats available that they were looking to fill (for fall '16). Honestly though, if I were you, id wait until august to apply for the fall of '18, interview at as many schools as you can to see which one you really want to go to rather than apply to a few big ones in april/may and limit your options.

Reactions: 1 user
well that means you wont get your scores until late may. School starts in August. Technically you can still fill out applications until the end of June I believe for fall 2017. Do you have a chance if you do well enough and apply to the bigger schools? yeah there is a chance albeit probably a small chance. There are usually people that drop out last second and even some of the bigger schools still looking to fill their seats. I had inquired as late as June of this year at western university and they said that they still had seats available that they were looking to fill (for fall '16). Honestly though, if I were you, id wait until august to apply for the fall of '18, interview at as many schools as you can to see which one you really want to go to rather than apply to a few big ones in april/may and limit your options.
Thank you!