Step II Confusing descriptions for common associations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MightBeACylon439

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can we start a thread for weird ways common things can be described to confuse us? I'll start it:

Lid lag in hyperthyroidism "sclera seen above the iris on downward gaze"
onycholysis in hyperthyroid "seperation of the nail from the nail bed"
Crypt abscesses in UC- "neutrophilic cryptitis"
Fixed and split S2 in ASD- "A split second heart sound that does not change with inspiration"

Thats all I got for now, hopefully this doesnt break any rules and this hasn't been posted before.
 
I think this is a really good idea. Wish more people contributed. I saw a q today, didnt pay "super" attention to some of the wordings, was flying through the vignette and read " expansile eccentrically placed lytic area" totally threw me off for a second....sometimes when exhaustion gets to you....all you want to see is "soap bubble" lol