Confusing info on PTCAS about LOR's

Started by pharma928
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

That is a bit odd. I would guess they mean you need one of each since the first link says they require two letters. I would email the school's admissions office to ask for clarification since the PTCAS site has conflicting information.
 
That is a bit odd. I would guess they mean you need one of each since the first link says they require two letters. I would email the school's admissions office to ask for clarification since the PTCAS site has conflicting information.

yea I tried. Hopefully they answer tomorrow when I call them
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
check the schools website they will usually list their letter of req requirements there as well.
 
doesn't specify on school website. Just says something like 2 letter addressing leadership potential

anyways if I volunteered at physio clinic, wouldn't the therapist be my supervisor?

so if I send a academic letter from a prof and another from a physio, I would meet the requirement regardless right?
 
doesn't specify on school website. Just says something like 2 letter addressing leadership potential

anyways if I volunteered at physio clinic, wouldn't the therapist be my supervisor?

so if I send a academic letter from a prof and another from a physio, I would meet the requirement regardless right?

I would do 1 from a PT another from a teacher and you can also upload a third one from a supervisor it won't hurt you and if they only require 2 they will just look at the two they want.
 
I would do 1 from a PT another from a teacher and you can also upload a third one from a supervisor it won't hurt you and if they only require 2 they will just look at the two they want.

thanks for your reply 🙂

I called them and they said you need one academic and one professional. I think by professional she meant therapist because when I asked them, "so just to make sure I need a LOR from a therapist and a professor" the assistant graduate director said, "yes"