Confusion about AMCAS grade conversion for Canadians

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all! I am very confused about how AMCAS converts grades for Canadian universities. Specifically, my university's scale considers anything that is 85% or above a 4.0 (ie, an A and A+ both are considered 4.0). when I submit my marks, will amcas convert my grades and thus lower my gpa?
If anyone has applied from a canadian school and knows how this works I would love to know

I emailed Amcas and asked and they said "Your AMCAS grades will more than likely differ from your University grades as our grading system is significantly different from the one you describe." I am very concerned because this creates a large discrepancy in my GPA
 
Last edited: