confusion question about residency and matching

Started by readydoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

readydoc

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
I am applying for the dermatology residency in both categorical and advance programs. I haven't done my internship. I am also applying for IM. My question is : How does one match into an advance prog starting 2007-2008 accepting applications this season, and into an IM prog starting 2006-2007 simultaneously. Is there any provision in NRMP to rank both specialties together. If i can rank only one specialty( derm), how does one secure internship. Obviously my job would be easier if i am accepted into a categorical program.