Congrats to those who matched FP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lunallena

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm a 4th yr student at NSU, so excited about matching into the FP program i wanted.
It's so annoying when people question why you went into FP, or tell you "oh you gonna be poor" or things like that. I tell them hey this is what i have always wanted to do, it's the specialty that i love. Love the continuity of care, the spectrum of patients and pathology, the lifestyle (the most important thing in my life is to have time to spend with family and friends),etc. Could have gone into something else, did awesome on all my boards. I find FP to be a very challenging specialty

Anyhow, congrats to everyone who matched into FP of their choice . God bless :)

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations to you, and to everyone else who matched into FM. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! I matched and am awaiting where today.

In an ob/gyn program now and still workign as a PGY1.

I was undecided for a long time and interviewed at a ton of programs, both FP and Obgyn, but ultimately decided to go with FP...I'm so excited and think I made the best choice! Looking forward to meeting my co-residents.

Matched my #1 choice :thumbup: :smuggrin:

Congrats everyone!

Congrats, TM!

I'm disappointed that you didn't come up with an applicable "Scarface" quote. ;)

Haha what a trip

but hey, I'll say this much:

All I wont is whats comin' to me...

The worl chico...!!

AND EVERYTHIN IN IT :cool::cool::cool:

Congratulations to you, and to everyone else who matched into FM. :luck:
can u tell me sir dat how can i got matched in family medicine?i m doing family medicine in pakistan came to usa one week back for my CS can u help me out

i'm a 4th yr student at NSU, so excited about matching into the FP program i wanted.
It's so annoying when people question why you went into FP, or tell you "oh you gonna be poor" or things like that. I tell them hey this is what i have always wanted to do, it's the specialty that i love. Love the continuity of care, the spectrum of patients and pathology, the lifestyle (the most important thing in my life is to have time to spend with family and friends),etc. Could have gone into something else, did awesome on all my boards. I find FP to be a very challenging specialty

Anyhow, congrats to everyone who matched into FP of their choice . God bless :)

congratulation. It's funny when others comment on " you gonna to be poor" . Actually , you can say all doctors will be poor soon with the new health care reform, no matter which specialities. It only matters on if you enjoy the work in the long run.

Actually, there's no evidence of that whatsoever.

well, what I meant was the total cost (nearly 1 trillion ) for this health care reform in which everybody especially those who work will foot the bill. Where do you think the money come from??if not from taxpayers?

well, what I meant was the total cost (nearly 1 trillion ) for this health care reform in which everybody especially those who work will foot the bill. Where do you think the money come from??if not from taxpayers?

Of course it's going to be paid for by taxpayers.

How will that make doctors "poor?"

congratulation. It's funny when others comment on " you gonna to be poor" . Actually , you can say all doctors will be poor soon with the new health care reform, no matter which specialities. It only matters on if you enjoy the work in the long run.

I dare not push too hard and digress this thread onto the HCR bill but I don't see how so many of my colleagues believe that HCR will be to their financial detriment. Systems change and if you're a "hustla' "then you've just gotta react and find other ways to earn income within the guidelines which you're given. The overwhelming majority of "wealthy" physicians don't get there from seeing patients.

I don't see how so many of my colleagues believe that HCR will be to their financial detriment.

The current system works to our financial detriment. I don't see how HCR will make that any worse. In some respects, it may make it better. Time will tell.