Congratulations... not!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GladifImakeit

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Nothing to see here folks, just a troll with no facts to back up his post.

Stop telling other people what to do with their lives. If you don't like the idea of being a doctor, then go away. Pre-med people should all have an idea of what their future will look like if they pursue being a doctor.

Yeah med school is really not that bad... people need to stop whining

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to rain on your parades, pre-meds, but I think I'm doing you a big favor. Do you really want to go to medical school, or are you walking down a path of misery that you can't escape from? If you're not an extreme masochist, you might wanna think twice about going to med school.

You know the difference between poo and a third-year medical student??? People try not to step on the poo. There ya go.

Try working 9-5 at a corporate meaningless job with some idiot boss yelling at you and tell me that med school sucks.

Ugh pre meds and med students in general piss me off. No real world perspective at all.

I used to be emo, then I found that being a sadomasochist was more gratifying. 12-inch stilettos when you do the stepping please!

whine-one-one.jpg

:idea: I'm only a pre-med, but my diagnosis is that you are a whiney b!tch.

First year sucks pretty bad with the useless classes and the adjustment to the work. After that, it's not that bad. M3 is pretty badass so far, actually.

Sorry to rain on your parades, pre-meds, but I think I'm doing you a big favor. Do you really want to go to medical school, or are you walking down a path of misery that you can't escape from? If you're not an extreme masochist, you might wanna think twice about going to med school.

You know the difference between poo and a third-year medical student??? People try not to step on the poo. There ya go.
just wait till your OB/GYN residency starts...

:smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, thank you for the great insight OP. After considering what you said for three seconds I've decided to withdraw all my acceptances and work at McDonald's. Thank you.
With those stats? :laugh:

Well...he is a medical student. Perhaps he is trying to give us insight on the hierarchy of medicine.

Well...he is a medical student. Perhaps he is trying to give us insight on the hierarchy of medicine.

Looks like he got accepted to JHU and Emory, but hasn't started medical school yet.

Seriously guys. Med school isn't that bad. People tend to not realize that when you have a real job in the real world...there is no professor that will give you a P/F grade, there is no "skip class and sleep to 11 AM"...there is no Spring Break, Winter Break, Fall Break, MS1 Summer, etc. You also aren't going to be able to be done "work" at 12 PM somedays.

It's certainly a life different than having a 9-5 job. There are perks and drawbacks, but as long as you're enjoying the journey (and, I'd say, most will....med school is actually pretty fun at times) you'll be OK. Residency is another story, but my advice is always this.

Make sure in life that you're enjoying it now...don't offset present happiness for the promise of future happiness. It's not worth it. This may equate to the fact that parts of your medical professional career may be sacrificed in favor of your personal life. So be it, you'll still be happier and better off for it in the end. When people forget this are the common situations where you find unhappy doctors. I think a lot of their "unhappiness" ultimately stems from not making decisions in their professional career that coincided with their personal life goals. Avoid that and you'll be much better off.

Oh no you didn't
tumblr_lefsxcQzPx1qf8yek.gif

Somebody didn't take their happy pill this morning.

Well I don't know about you guys, but I give OP my full support due to the use of a not! joke. In 2011. :thumbup:

Well I don't know about you guys, but I give OP my full support due to the use of a not! joke. In 2011. :thumbup:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tR91q59gFo[/YOUTUBE]

The only thing that would have been better is if he used "...sike!" (I'm sure I spelled that wrong, but you know what I'm saying.)

Try working 9-5 at a corporate meaningless job with some idiot boss yelling at you and tell me that med school sucks.

Ugh pre meds and med students in general piss me off. No real world perspective at all.

Hey hey hey... no need to generalize. Several of us know what working a 9-5 (or 5-2 and 5-5 in my case) feels like. I'm quite happy to be in school again, thank you.

Sucks for you because I'm lovin it.

I am going take a time out.....to seriously tell the OP something. If that is the way you feel....quit. Seriously. Get out. Find something you care about. Because this is not it.

Ok. Time in. The rest of this thread is hilarious. I especially love the James Van Der Beek:laugh::laugh:

Seriously guys. Med school isn't that bad. People tend to not realize that when you have a real job in the real world...there is no professor that will give you a P/F grade, there is no "skip class and sleep to 11 AM"...there is no Spring Break, Winter Break, Fall Break, MS1 Summer, etc. You also aren't going to be able to be done "work" at 12 PM somedays.
To be fair, that's mostly M1/M2 year, but I agree. Those days are suddenly sounding awfully good right now. After an exam block, I'd basically take an entire week off :D

don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out...

Alright fine just remember somebody tried to warn you. Hahahaha I don't even care you deserve what you get:)

a future? yeah thanks.

And if you didn't care, you wouldn't have started this pointless thread

At first I thought the OP was a legit med student, but look at his/her previous posts they just got into med school. Now he/she is just trolling. Yes med school is difficult, but it can be exciting and a lot of people want to become a physician. Like Mdeast said there are and aren't perks w/ being a med student. No need to troll OP, kthxbai.

At first I thought the OP was a legit med student, but look at his/her previous posts they just got into med school. Now he/she is just trolling. Yes med school is difficult, but it can be exciting and a lot of people want to become a physician. Like Mdeast said there are and aren't perks w/ being a med student. No need to troll OP, kthxbai.

I do agree that the OP is trolling, but he/she is in fact a 3rd year if you go through the old posts. They recently applied for MPH programs for a year off and those are the acceptances you're seeing.

Dear OP, it does get better. Hang in there. I see you're at UCSF. Enjoy your time off, and look forward to enjoying 4th year. Remember to go after a residency that you would be happy in. Some of the classmates above you went into consulting, graduate school, etc after medical school, so that is also an option too. Talk to your advisor or one of the deans about this option. But don't forget why you went into medicine in the first place. Third year can suck at times, but remember that you still hold the power to your happiness. Don't let others dictate that for you. Good luck and sorry you feel this way. Also remember that some people will absolutely love 3rd year and others will hate it.

I thought the hard part was getting accepted to Medical School. What's this talk about studying while you're in Med School? :scared:

I do agree that the OP is trolling, but he/she is in fact a 3rd year if you go through the old posts. They recently applied for MPH programs for a year off and those are the acceptances you're seeing.

woops yeah I honestly just saw the headlines some posts and didn't click on them. But yeah med school is hard, what did he/she expect? At the same time it's enjoyable. In the end he/she is trolling.