Congratulations rxlea!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bananaface

Pharmacy Supernerd
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please congratulate rxlea on becoming an Assistant Moderator in the pharmacy forums! :D

:clap::clap::clap:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
They asked me to do it once. I refused and gave them some better choices. They got back to me and told me that all of those people had already refused. At first I laughed...then I got pissed off because I was apparently like the 135th person in rank order they would want to become a mod. And there were only like 133 people on the site at the time. From what I understand, some outsourced IT company in India even refused the job.

They asked me to do it once. I refused and gave them some better choices. They got back to me and told me that all of those people had already refused. At first I laughed...then I got pissed off because I was apparently like the 135th person in rank order they would want to become a mod. And there were only like 133 people on the site at the time. From what I understand, some outsourced IT company in India even refused the job.

Way I hear tell you were 150 out of 135 and the indian company refused because they heard we offered you first.:smuggrin:

congrats rxlea, its understandable, becuase you are everywhere on this site, and you post in every single topic, heehee

I´ve never been asked so I guess that makes me more of a miserable personality than you! :laugh:

You know, they did outsource from Africa...:laugh:

This may be a silly question, but being an SDN forum moderator isn't something you would actually put on your CV... Right?

Members don't see this ad :)
This may be a silly question, but being an SDN forum moderator isn't something you would actually put on your CV... Right?

I'd say no.... but then again I remember a little bit ago someone was asking if it was acceptable to put Ebay Powerseller on their CV ........

ironhide_facepalm.jpg

I saw author of an article on sdn.net in a CV - but I was the only one in the place who was aware of the Student Doctor Network. So it meant nothing to anyone but me.

Wow....awesone...a pre-pharmacy person who has been here 5 minutes is a mod now....awesome.....:thumbdown:

yeah going through 3 years of bull**** really makes a pharmacist more qualified to admin a forum. :sleep:

Did anyone ever teach you to be positive? You'd probably feel a lot better about things with a positive attitude

Having some letters after your name does not have any correlation with post quality, we have definitely seen that here.. So why would it be inappropriate to assign a mod status ?

RxLea certainly has a large record of well written and friendly contributions to this board, unlike a lot of members. ....:rolleyes:

yeah going through 3 years of bull**** really makes a pharmacist more qualified to admin a forum. :sleep:

Did anyone ever teach you to be positive? You'd probably feel a lot better about things with a positive attitude

Having some letters after your name does not have any correlation with post quality, we have definitely seen that here.. So why would it be inappropriate to assign a mod status ?

RxLea certainly has a large record of well written and friendly contributions to this board, unlike a lot of members. ....:rolleyes:

Don't be mad at him. After all, considering all the horrible things CVS has done to him during his long career working for their company, he has every right to be upset. I mean, the way he bashes them, clearly he has a plethora of personal wrongings which the company has levied upon him while working there. That doesn't mean he's any less of an informed contributor to this forum than any students or pharmacists.

Unfortunately no one has asked to be a moderator considering the fact that I am a committed visitor of sdn. wow am just shocked :eek:

I guess congrats are in order! I was hoping not to take another one of weird april fool's day pranks. Fell for a lot of them today. But seems legit.Congrats!:D

yeah going through 3 years of bull**** really makes a pharmacist more qualified to admin a forum. :sleep: :

3 years? What the hell does three years have to do with anything? If you are referring to Pharmacy School it was 6 years when I went through. Maybe its 3 years at the University of Phoenix online or where ever you go. Yes, it may be lots of bull**** but its bull**** you haven't made it through yet. So until you do try being quiet.

Did anyone ever teach you to be positive? You'd probably feel a lot better about things with a positive attitude:

I am not being positive or negative. I am just stating the facts. This is the Student Doctor Network is it not? It makes sense to me have mods that are either a Pharmacy Student or a Pharmacist. I guess I could go join the Student Theoretical Physicists Doctor Network and post for three months and become a moderator. Doesn't make much sense and I am not sure what I would have to offer.

No disrespect to Rxlea intended but her "large record of well written and friendly contributions" dates from about six months ago and she isn't even a Pharmacy Student. I am sure Rxlea is a fine person but isn't there at least a Pharmacy Student or two out there that has been on SDN for a few years that could be a mod?

Don't be mad at him. After all, considering all the horrible things CVS has done to him during his long career working for their company, he has every right to be upset. I mean, the way he bashes them, clearly he has a plethora of personal wrongings which the company has levied upon him while working there. That doesn't mean he's any less of an informed contributor to this forum than any students or pharmacists.

Listen here rookie you are getting your angry pharmacits confused. OldTimer works for CVS. All the horrible things CVS has done to him during his long career has warped his mind so he thinks CVS is a great place to work.

I have never worked for CVS. I like bashing them because it gets OldTimer riled up. They are the worst Pharmacy chain to work for but I bash them mostly to irritate OldTimer.

I'm not saying he is less of an informed contributor, but why does he let his dislike of his job create a sense of constant negativity, it's not appropriate to take out anger on a lot of people here on SDN, especially when it is just for people stating their opinions or experiences (for example about working in a particular setting). I want to know why he hasnt quit the job yet. :(

I'm not saying he is less of an informed contributor, but why does he let his dislike of his job create a sense of constant negativity, it's not appropriate to take out anger on a lot of people here on SDN, especially when it is just for people stating their opinions or experiences (for example about working in a particular setting). I want to know why he hasnt quit the job yet. :(

Yeah, but he's just doing it for the lulz, which is perfectly acceptable on an internet forum. I doubt that he's always negative in real life. I even remember when I first joined he had a post somewhere where he said that every once in a while, something would happen that would actually make him enjoy his job (usually it related to counseling a patient or helping them in some other similar way, go figure).

I dont care what any one pharmacy student says or thinks...CVS is a horrible place to work, that is my opinion...I worked their 5 years and in 5 years i was cursed at almost everyday, almost attacked, called every name in the book, and for what?? for 6 figures?? Sorry, until you experience it yourself, you have no idea...I got out and im doing today what pharmacy should be about!

I dont care what any one pharmacy student says or thinks...CVS is a horrible place to work, that is my opinion...I worked their 5 years and in 5 years i was cursed at almost everyday, almost attacked, called every name in the book, and for what?? for 6 figures?? Sorry, until you experience it yourself, you have no idea...I got out and im doing today what pharmacy should be about!

I don't recall saying anything that would indicate that I thought CVS was a good or a bad place to work.

I have never worked for CVS.

This guy has.

Never said you did...i was stating a general fact... :)

Wow. I backsassed a pharmacist on here and didn't end up with my pants around my ankles. I'm moving up in the world. :laugh:

Wow. I backsassed a pharmacist on here and didn't end up with my pants around my ankles. I'm moving up in the world. :laugh:

Thats cause I believe in Karma... :) And cause your a student, you will always have your pants around your ankles until the day you graduate :laugh:

Thats cause I believe in Karma... :) And cause your a student, you will always have your pants around your ankles until the day you graduate :laugh:

Oh...

I was wondering why I was having such a hard time walking around at school without tripping.

Keep it up and you'll have your shoe laces tied too...:D

My ex did that to me one time last semester when I was donating platelets at Roswell. I wanted to reach down and fix it, but it's hard to do that when you're lying prone with one arm immobilized.

My ex did that to me one time last semester when I was donating platelets at Roswell. I wanted to reach down and fix it, but it's hard to do that when you're lying prone with one arm immobilized.

Wait, Roswell? Where do you go to school?

Wait, Roswell? Where do you go to school?

St. John Fisher. I was born and raised in Springville, so the Buffalo area is very familiar to me. I'm picking up after my old man, who donated there for decades. His platelet count was so freakishly high that he would fall asleep and they would keep surging through.

St. John Fisher. I was born and raised in Springville, so the Buffalo area is very familiar to me. I'm picking up after my old man, who donated there for decades. His platelet count was so freakishly high that he would fall asleep and they would keep surging through.

WOW, I am from Buffalo, went to school there...Just became a preceptor for UB. Man o Man, are you lucky you go to St John Fisher cause if u went to UB and u had to come down here for a rotation....KARMA....:laugh: I would have LMAO if u went to UB!! I was so close....

WOW, I am from Buffalo, went to school there...Just became a preceptor for UB. Man o Man, are you lucky you go to St John Fisher cause if u went to UB and u had to come down here for a rotation....KARMA....:laugh: I would have LMAO if u went to UB!! I was so close....

I do know a few people who go to UB who deserve a swift kick in the ass from a preceptor though. Would you like their names? :smuggrin:

I do know a few people who go to UB who deserve a swift kick in the ass from a preceptor though. Would you like their names? :smuggrin:

lol, no thats ok, i would never treat anyone to any extreme end...I would work them a little, but only to make them better pharmacists, not for Karma :laugh:

lol, no thats ok, i would never treat anyone to any extreme end...I would work them a little, but only to make them better pharmacists, not for Karma :laugh:

I know what you mean. A little hard work never hurt anybody. Although, maybe I should look into setting that up with Fisher. I wouldn't mind doing a rotation down in Florida during the dead of winter.

I know what you mean. A little hard work never hurt anybody. Although, maybe I should look into setting that up with Fisher. I wouldn't mind doing a rotation down in Florida during the dead of winter.

go for it! It would be a great learning experience!

go for it! It would be a great learning experience!

I believe I will. This won't be for a while yet, since I'm still a measly P-1, but sometime in the near future I'll look into what kind of paperwork I have to file with the school and how to go about setting it up. Thanks for the opportunity!

Most of the posts I've seen have been bashing other schools... Poor form, plus her picture is on her profile and it may come back to bite her in the butt someday. Pharmacy is a small world! SDN is not what it used to be.

Sorry you guys feel that way. But, the bashing schools part? I just don't see that...other than saying that going to a candidate or pre-candidate school might affect your chances at a residency and that my colleagues told me MW was a backup school (although I applied anyway). However, you make a good point about the picture :) I will remove it. Thanks for the advice. And thanks overall!!!!! :)

Most of the posts I've seen have been bashing other schools... Poor form, Pharmacy is a small world! SDN is not what it used to be.

I was put off by the bashing of the state of Arizona, the cities of Glendale and Tucson and of the other highly qualified interview candidates at the U of A, that may have come to the interview with their mother or interviewed wearing something she considered inappropriate. One should not criticize someone publically when one does not know the situation. Comes off as extremely unprofessional. Many read the SDN but do not post. It could be a difficult 4 years at the U of A when you find out your pharmacy professor's child was the person wearing the polar fleece turquoise vest.

I was put off by the bashing of the state of Arizona, the cities of Glendale and Tucson and of the other highly qualified interview candidates at the U of A, that may have come to the interview with their mother or interviewed wearing something she considered inappropriate. One should not criticize someone publically when one does not know the situation. Comes off as extremely unprofessional. Many read the SDN but do not post. It could be a difficult 4 years at the U of A when you find out your pharmacy professor's child was the person wearing the polar fleece turquoise vest.

You make a valid point. Sorry you feel that way. But, as everyone else on here, i am entitled to my own opinions- especially since I have lived in Arizona my entire life. About professional dress- you are right that I do not know the situation - perhaps I should have thought about that more deeply before posting my thoughts on that. I apologize for that. As i adjust to my new role as a mod, I will do my best to keep in mind the thoughts and feelings of others and I will certainly refrain from making negative comments. But, I will share my opinions regarding where I live!!! :) thank you for the insight. Good luck.