Army Consequences of missing ECT/CSTX?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hospadoc

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
USAR-- I did MDSSP and STRAP during med school and residency respectively. I was deployed once after residency for 90 BOG. This summer, I have a 3 week CSTX for which I submitted EDD packet. I never got confirmation on EDD request (to not attend for alternate training). My civilian work schedule is out. I could possibly make some swaps and attend partial ECT--No way I can make 3 weeks worth of work changes at this point. I am not screwing over my civilian employer with this last minute. What are consequences of missing ECT/CSTX? I am attempting to work out an alternative so I do not miss this training altogether.

Members don't see this ad.

Reserves? If your command is hard core? I believe they can involuntarily order you to active and try you for being awol after sending guys to your house/work to find you. But my understanding (admittedly after less than an hour of googling and from vague memory after talking about this with some folks in the past) is that is probably unlikely as it’s a big undertaking.

You can get official counseling, put on the unofficial crap list for any training or promotions you wanted, or just a stern look of dissatisfaction....it all depends on command

USAR-- I did MDSSP and STRAP during med school and residency respectively. I was deployed once after residency for 90 BOG. This summer, I have a 3 week CSTX for which I submitted EDD packet. I never got confirmation on EDD request (to not attend for alternate training). My civilian work schedule is out. I could possibly make some swaps and attend partial ECT--No way I can make 3 weeks worth of work changes at this point. I am not screwing over my civilian employer with this last minute. What are consequences of missing ECT/CSTX? I am attempting to work out an alternative so I do not miss this training altogether.

My suggestion would be contact your company commander and let them know what's going on and what you've done and see if there is something that can be worked out. You might have a nice company commander who will let this slide and you might have someone hardcore who doesn't care about your civilian life and order you to training or else face the consequences which can be nothing to severe. I understand your not wanting to screw your civilian workplace, but you signed up for this and are responsible for the trainings so in the end your career and butt will be on the line for the consequences.

Reactions: 1 user