Considering moving to another state to work as a pharmacist, any tips?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hitherehowareyou

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I currently live and work in a rural community. It's okay but extremely lonely and boring. Prior to starting work I was in a busy city with lots to do. I've now worked at the same 3 letter company for 3 years. Of course I know I need to get licensed in the new state (i.e. take the MSJE) then transfer my license?, but as far as doing that and asking for a job transfer how do I go about it? Do I just tell them I'm moving once I've found a place? I'm really unsure so if any of you have experience with this or any advice it would be much appreciated. Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Prepare to leave CVS

One thing to consider is getting reciprocity versus an original license. Some states (California...) do not reciprocate. For example California BOP theoretically allows any NAPLEX score after 1/1/2004 to be transferred (there is no time limit on how long the score is good for) but NABP will not allow a score transfer 90 days after the exam is taken (unless they are nice and allow for exceptions, which I doubt).

Prepare to leave CVS

One thing to consider is getting reciprocity versus an original license. Some states (California...) do not reciprocate. For example California BOP theoretically allows any NAPLEX score after 1/1/2004 to be transferred (there is no time limit on how long the score is good for) but NABP will not allow a score transfer 90 days after the exam is taken (unless they are nice and allow for exceptions, which I doubt).

So in this instance or to transfer to any state I would need to take the NAPLEX and MSJE again?

Members don't see this ad :)
For most states, you will just need to take the law exam.