considering rads

finnpipette

Fallen from Grace
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 6, 2003
CA
    I'm a MS2 who grew up thinking that I wanted to go into peds or IM. Neither seem right for me anymore and so I'm considering rads. Are great board scores and honors in the clinical years sufficient, or is research and leadership positions in AMA and all that good stuff critical? In terms of research, I've done some bench and some community based med research. Will it reflects poorly on my application that I haven't shown explicit focused interest in rads?

~finn

Vince

10+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Apr 10, 2001
    1. Fellow [Any Field]
      Research is research....programs would probably prefer radiology research but most applicants probably don't have any...so you are at an advantage.

Be able to explain your reasoning for wanting to go into radiology. With good board scores and great clinical grades you are in good shape. Just get some good letters of rec if you can to help round out your app.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.