Maybe.a.dentist

Membership Revoked
Removed
Dec 16, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
I've on a gap year now ( I didn't get in last year ) and I'm currently working a job that really isn't what I want and living at home with my parents since my job doesn't pay enough to really live here. I'm living paycheck to paycheck even in my parents home paying them a very small amount for rent. I really don't want to stay with my parents anymore and want to get a place of my own. I want to know if this would be fine as far as my applications are concerned. I'm a little worried though as I really didn't have good EC's. I just never stuck with any activities too long in school, partly due to financial and logistical reasons. I also (probably) made the mistake of saying I planned to stay with my current job in my personal statement so I don't want to look even flakier to dental schools if I get asked about work in an interview and it turns out I quit. Even if I left it would be hard, my job won't transfer to another city and I have about $20 in my savings account so with no job no one would let me move into an apartment. It feels lika a purgatory, I'm really struggling with negative feelings and loneliness here, what would you do in my shoes?

Aug 9, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Why don't you tough it out for another months or so until you complete your interview before quitting your job or moving out?

OP
M

Maybe.a.dentist

Membership Revoked
Removed
Dec 16, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Why don't you tough it out for another months or so until you complete your interview before quitting your job or moving out?
It's probably my best option. I kinda hate to bail on my coworkers and when I interviewed for the job I told my boss I would stay till dental school, but there was a reason they had this opening, it just doesn't pay enough to live here. I'm pretty intimidated by the thought of moving somewhere else, but I think its going to be best for my mental health. I honestly don't think I can continue what I'm doing long now.

Aug 9, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Yea sometimes a change of scenery is needed. I saw you got an interview at musc, u don't plan on going there if you have other acceptance?

OP
M

Maybe.a.dentist

Membership Revoked
Removed
Dec 16, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Yea sometimes a change of scenery is needed. I saw you got an interview at musc, u don't plan on going there if you have other acceptance?
I like MUSC, I think Charleston would be a great place to go.