Consolidating private loans

Started by tkim
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tkim

10 cc's cordrazine
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Before Grad plus loans were around, I had to borrow private loans - "Med access loans" in order to close the gap between federal limits and the school's budget.

Now that I'm about to graduate and enter residency, I have a couple of these private loans that I'd like to consolidate - if not simply for the convenience of having it all in one loan.

Anyone have any advice as to which loan providers consolidate private loans and have good terms?
 
Bumping this thread up.

I've been looking around - there are private loan consolidation programs, but I haven't found one so far that offers a forbearance longer than a year. Not good.

Has anyone found a private loan consolidator that offers longer forbearance terms? Thanks!